Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best grapplers

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Marcelo is good, but he is no Andre The Giant...

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    For my money, in competition and recent competition Saulo & Xande Ribeiro are up there.

Its hard to deny Roger Gracie's domination...and to win nearly EVERYTHING by sub, everytime.

Pablo Popovich is also super tough, a genetic freak, and he recently defeated Marcello.

Marcello is just the most fluid of them all in my opinion, is a small guy, and makes it all look easy.

Leo Viera should always be mentioned.

Although they're not beating any of the above mentioned folks anytime soon, I love Jeff Glover & Bill Cooper's style and they're the most entertaining to watch to me.

And finally, superheavy-wise...i don't see anyone giving Barnett too much trouble. He really is one of the best grapplers out there, and if you've ever rolled with him, it a rather miserable experience. He's DEF that guy you dread rolling with cause one way or another, its gonna hurt.

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Oh don't forget Steven Seagal either!!! He did Guillotine the fuck out of some guy in one of his movies!!! It's hard to remember which one cuz all his fight scenes look the same to me...

Camel Joe

Array

School
    RMNU
    something to remember......Eddie was a brown competeing against very experienced black belts......

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    After watching his DVD's I think Karl Gotch's protege Fujiwara should be on ranked up there among the greatest.

Eddie Bravo
    Dean Lister
    Denny Prokopos
    Marc Laimon
    Marcelo Garcia
    Claudio Calasans
    Ricardo Abreu

Just to name a few

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Cyborg is a beast right now. I'm so impressed with him every time I watch him compete. That knee bar that Rolles had him in was scary though, shit. Technically, I think Marcelo and Ryan Hall and some of the smaller guys are amazing, but idk if there would be anything they could do against Cyborg.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Cyborg is impressive but I still see Marcelo finishing him his Jits is just on another level

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Before I knew about 10thplanet or Master Eddie. I was watching Shinya Aoki breaking arms in Pride (live, not on youtube) and been watching Marcelo killing giants beast. I don't know who the best at grappling but I can assure you that none of those will step in the cage or ring with Shinya. And since the ring/cage is as close to street fighting there is, well that just put shinya at the top of my list cus I see so many world champion grappler get destroyed in MMA. Also Marcelo make world class champions look like 2 belts below him so I can't really say anything more about that. And the BEST instructor is Master Eddie, he is the Bruce Lee of grappling. I've been around a few other instructors (although great in their own ways) they are not as open minded as Master Eddie. Master Eddie bring to us what works for others and apply it in the system. This way we don't have to research and watch videos all day long. He's doing that for us and its all in the system and warm ups. I hope yall truly see his vision.

And for a side note.... for those of you who don't think that Master Eddie should be at the top of the list. If you were in a street fight, which of those world champion would you pick to back you up?? I'll choose Master Eddie over any of them. Some people has style to earn points in competition. Some people style is to whoop ass on the street.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast