School
    10th Planet HQ

a rant on guard pulling in mma....

Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    good stuff. I feel like half my time in class is teaching fundamental strategy on fighting whether it be for tournament, cage, or street. always telling them weigh their options vs. their opponents, and play to the weakness of their opponent. And I always tell them that if nothing else, pull guard and hold on like your life depended on it. Thanks for making that point which is often overlooked in todays mma

Good post, signed up from the UG to watch the rest of the video/technique. Didn't realize had to be pro. Nice one.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    I dont mean to offend anyone but Eddie forgot another major part of a cage fight The Clinch niggas.

Array

School
    Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by Aikijiujitsu View Post
    I dont mean to offend anyone but Eddie forgot another major part of a cage fight The Clinch niggas.
    good point but the objective of the clinch is either to strike or get a take down which falls into the other two catagories he mentioned
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    good point but the objective of the clinch is either to strike or get a take down which falls into the other two catagories he mentioned
    agreed

Array

School
    Rōnin
    does anyone find that being good of your back makes your striking way better because you don't care about getting taken down.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    I feel its a catagory within itself short strikes and throws different techniques than shooting a double or trying to kickbox someones head off examples would be Silva vs Franklin, Hendo vs Bisping, Liddel vs Couture 1. So you got the Muay thai clinch, Greco roman/judo clinch, and dirty boxing, clinch fighting is the shit.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    I only like to fight off my back..my top game is shit. Whenever I get in sticky situations I pull guard. And it works for me. like 90% of my Jiu Jitsu wins come by something off my back. If not, it's something crazy like a gogoplata from mount, or a leg lock.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    you can use the clinch to pull guard to... i view the clinch as the glue that links all the options together. if you have a good clinch, you can usually take the fight in the direction you want. you cant stop being hit as easily from a muay thai clinch. you cant stop takedowns from double underhook body tackle. you cant stop guard pulling from head and arm control.

i dont understand how you can be good on the bottom and bad on top. from my perspective, mount is just a more dominant version of rubber guard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast