Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    I like hitting it from the n/s kimura if they are defending the armlock with a kung-fu death grip.
    I didn't learn this from Einstein, but he opened my mind enough to consider this: in bottom half, against a large opponent who has head and arm, who's trying to smother me, I wrap my overhooking arm around the back of their head and work my under hook to a spot capable of gagging them and then squeeze the shit out of them. I haven't perfected the finish, but it's turned into a great way to force them to move off me enough to get to pdu.

Array

School
    10WO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    I didn't learn this from Einstein, but he opened my mind enough to consider this: in bottom half, against a large opponent who has head and arm, who's trying to smother me, I wrap my overhooking arm around the back of their head and work my under hook to a spot capable of gagging them and then squeeze the shit out of them. I haven't perfected the finish, but it's turned into a great way to force them to move off me enough to get to pdu.
    I'm assuming the top person has won the underhook battle and has the underhook on the trapped-leg-side in this scenario, right? How exactly are you getting your underhook into a position to gag them, especially if they have some good cross-face action going? Are you going for the no-gi ezekiel before/ instead of jaws/claws of life or omaha whip? Not meaning to put you on blast, just curious.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    The highest percentage submission in my game right now is what I call a Punch Choke. It's sort of a hybrid between the Gag Reflex and an Ezekiel Choke. If I roll with a new guy, I get it almost every time. I do it from Mount, Side or Top Half. But it is most successful from top half.

I have success with the Gag Reflex from Crackhead Control, but only to get them to open up and give me the Zombie. I haven't gotten a submission with it before, but I also haven't taken the time to really investigate it fully, either.

I find the most success with the Gag Reflex when I have a triangle that I'm struggling to lock up. Works almost every time from there for me.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    The highest percentage submission in my game right now is what I call a Punch Choke. It's sort of a hybrid between the Gag Reflex and an Ezekiel Choke. If I roll with a new guy, I get it almost every time. I do it from Mount, Side or Top Half. But it is most successful from top half.

I have success with the Gag Reflex from Crackhead Control, but only to get them to open up and give me the Zombie. I haven't gotten a submission with it before, but I also haven't taken the time to really investigate it fully, either.

I find the most success with the Gag Reflex when I have a triangle that I'm struggling to lock up. Works almost every time from there for me.
    Show us please!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago

He's tapped me a couple times with it. It's roughhhh

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    I'm assuming the top person has won the underhook battle and has the underhook on the trapped-leg-side in this scenario, right? How exactly are you getting your underhook into a position to gag them, especially if they have some good cross-face action going? Are you going for the no-gi ezekiel before/ instead of jaws/claws of life or omaha whip? Not meaning to put you on blast, just curious.
    Well yes you can definitely do an upside down punch choke with double over hooks. I've just been getting it however I can; slight jaws of life action, slight whip down angle, once I even just jammed my over hook fist into the dudes throat. Probably not going to be a very high percentage finish, but going up against the monsters I have to train with (not good enough with the whip to overcome their weight and strength), I've been more successful with getting to pdu then dog fight.

His punch choke is definitely no joke. Completely shut down my lockdown game while I was there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Please show us a Punch choke Mr Brandon Mccaghren sir, pleeeeeassssseeee!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123