Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ

Keep sane during recovery and workouts during rib injury

Hey all, just recently suffered my first serious rib injury during training at the gym. I have been relaxing for 3 days now, and its killing me not to train. I am the kind of person who needs to be strapped to a hospital bed or I tough it out... but this is by far the worst injury of my life. Anyone have any suggestions on safe excercises/rehab drills while healing bad ribs, or am I stuck laying around for 3-6 weeks....? I dont want to irritate or cause more damage, but I also dont wanna lose everything I worked for to get in shape for upcoming competition. thanks :-)

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by stan myaskovskiy View Post
    Hey all, just recently suffered my first serious rib injury during training at the gym. I have been relaxing for 3 days now, and its killing me not to train. I am the kind of person who needs to be strapped to a hospital bed or I tough it out... but this is by far the worst injury of my life. Anyone have any suggestions on safe excercises/rehab drills while healing bad ribs, or am I stuck laying around for 3-6 weeks....? I dont want to irritate or cause more damage, but I also dont wanna lose everything I worked for to get in shape for upcoming competition. thanks :-)
    Ever heard of a little show called 'Mastering the System' …?

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Apperz is right. I just got done recovering from a modest ribs injury (no cracks, just bruising or 'jostled' cartilage). Took me almost three weeks to recover and when I came back, my game was stronger after not training.

I focused on learning some lockdown stuff. Came back with a decent lockdown game for someone of my level.

Oh, WebMD also suggested I take deep breaths every hour to prevent fluid buildup.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    I've been watching MTS, BJJ and MMA approximately 4-8 hours a day since injury. lol
    Great advice though :-) Been fucusing on truck a lot. really like the position.