Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Area 50.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos View Post
    Not buying it...

I think a guy that reps 70 Berimbolos (with every detail perfect) on each side, can beat the dreamer that has done 999999 reps in his thoughts..
    Maybe? But what about the guy who has 70 perfect real reps AND 99999 dream reps vs. the guy who only has 70 perfect real reps? Im putting my money on the dreamer

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    I'll put my vivid dream millions on the dreamer, and all my REAL money on the actual practicioner
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin A. View Post
    Maybe? But what about the guy who has 70 perfect real reps AND 99999 dream reps vs. the guy who only has 70 perfect real reps? Im putting my money on the dreamer
    Word.

I'd imagine that a combination of both would be more beneficial than either on their own. Although I'd have to agree I think that actually drilling would probably be more beneficial than visualising a technique over and over.

I also go over techniques in my head when I go to sleep and have found it helps me personally.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    I lack the prerequisite experience to comment about the effects of hallucinogens, but jiu jitsu has frequently haunted my dreams. During last year's REM-times, I was constantly beset by werewolves, bears, and red-skinned demons trying smother the life from me, and my only reprieve was the Heisman. I was shoving those bastards off of side control like an invigorated statue of Joe Namath. It is unknown whether those visions were the result or the cause of my side control phobia.
    Awesome

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Personally, I think dreams are a better platform for creativity and forming new perspective to spawn on various dimensions of individual growth. Repitition benefits the conscious mind far more in my experience, but I would welcome a passionate or informed counter-viewpoint,

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Theres definitely a study about mental reps. Dont remember where it was done, but Id imagine the google would figure it out.
    Lucid dreaming can help. Try Jody Whitely on youtube. Crazy hippie shit, buuuut Ive had lucid dreams from listening to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12