Array

School
    Aarts sport lisse

Technique we are playing around with..

This is something we stumbled onto while playing around.
    My sparring partner is a second degree black belt in judo.
    I'm due for my brown belt exams this year in traditional Japanese JJ.
    We have been training with 10th planet techniques recreational for the last year or so.
    Don't mind the crossed ankles.

http://youtu.be/QFAW7bJ3jTE

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    so basically you're doing a full nelson??

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Crossing the legs is a BIG no no btw ;p

Array

School
    Aarts sport lisse
    Obviously I'm not inventing the wheel here but I thought maybe there is something more to it.
    I was wondering if anyone uses the submission in some updated form or played around with it.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    I'm not even a big RNC guy from the back. I'm pretty good at taking the back but I usually set up a crusifix or armbar with swim move depending on where they are. Plus crossing the feet = sore fucking feet once they triangle up over them bad boys.

Array

School
    Balance Studios, PA
    Bro, you cross your ankles like that to any decent BJJ guy, and he will catch you in a double ankle lock.

Cons: Only problem I have is how are you going to bring their arms up so high if they are resisting? Also, you risk them escaping right before the submission because of the double underhooks. Before any back submission there should be an underhook and overbook settup. Aren't full Nelson's illegal in some/all competitions for safety reasons?

Pros: it looks interesting. If a guy ever brings his hands up so high, then you have something to surprise him with.

I think they would disqualify you in a competition for a neck crank.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hax View Post
    I think they would disqualify you in a competition for a neck crank.
    Depends on the competition. I believe NAGA allows neck cranks.

Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)
    My hapkido instructor has some catch wrestling in his background too and he uses a few 1/4, 1/2, and full nelson series. One thing to increase the leverage of the nelsons that nearly everyone doesn't do is catch the crook of their elbow instead of underhooking the shoulder. It'll feel weird at first, but if they try moving at all they end up doing a hangman by their elbows. It's easiest to feel this leverage when practicing any nelsons from turtle or standing. Pause the video at 0:08 when both arms are trapped around the shoulders. If the crooks of your elbows were in the crooks of his, you would have better control (epecially when your not faceup), however I do not know if it will aid the submission as I haven't seen full nelsons done belly up :P Interesting.

Array

School
    Aarts sport lisse
    I know. I know stop preaching about the crossed ankles already.

When I'm underhooking the arm And grip the back of the neck I'm able to get a lot of leverage its not that hard to raise you're opponents arm enough. I have hit some arm triangles from te bottom in that position.

Thanks for the replies, I must confess im a novice at best in the no gi grappling department.
    I'm actuality from the Netherlands the whole grappling scene is just starting out so its hard to find good instructors.
    But I'm convinced its making my gi game improve.