Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

BJ should continue to fight at 145

That crazy strategy should retire not BJ.

Kill the tip toe boxing stance.

Kill the feet on hips guard.

Kill the flat on the back defensive butterfly guard.

35 is not old. He's in amazing shape. He didn't lose because his body is breaking down. He lost the way he did because of that strange strategy. The whole world was confused.

He should stay at 145, and fight a couple of mid level guys to get his confidence back and I truly believe, with the correct/proper training camps, he can still beat some of the best at 145.

And of course I would recommend an offensive clinching guard when on his back. Not one arm bar, Oma plata, Gogo plata, or triangle attempt by BJ. Vitor went after Jones off his back, Pettis went after Benson, Anderson went after Chael, even Tito went after Machida off his back, there's no reason BJ can't attack off his back.

Just my opinion, I've never done MMA so what do I know, I could be way off. These are just my thoughts, thank you for taking the time to read this :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    Yeah, I'd really like to hear his explanation of that strategy.

Array

School
    blank
    he didn't even try any subs on his back, or even working to stand. odd

edgar's hands were on the mat a bunch. even if he doesn't work rg he should still take an overhook and work with that. tie edgar up at the very least.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    He lost his heart after the fight. No way he couldve gotten down to 145 if he lost it before the fight
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    BJ needs to get the Marinovich's back in his camp. He needs guys that don't let him quit when he wants. Guys that will push him. Watch every fight he's lost since Machida. When the momentum of the fight goes to the other guy, instead of fighting to get it back, he gives up and fights like he doesn't want to be there. I believe that's because he's surrounded himself with yes men that let him quit. But watch how insane he looked when the Marinovich's ran the camp. He looked invincible. Unless he gets rid of the yes men, he's going to keep losing like this. And after losing 4 in a row, and failing miserably at his chance of redemption, I doubt the UFC will even sign him for another fight.

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla
    that was the worst posible fight for bj. He allways suffer from cardio and nobody has more than frankie

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Seattle
    Has BJ ever submitted anyone from his back in MMA? I'm not as big a fan of his guardwork in general. And seeing him lose fights from attacks inside the guard ...

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville/Upper Cumberland MMA
    Yeah, I would love to see BJ fighting like his old self. The only thing he did right for this fight was make weight.
    Upper Cumberland MMA
    10th Planet Cookeville - Leader (Cookeville, TN)

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Yeah, I'm pretty heartbroken. That dude is the reason I'm in this. We all know he's better than his last showing. #saveBJ #BJKNOWSRG

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Yeah WTF was that. Not the killer BJ I expected.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast