Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet, Spokane Wa
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    or MAYBE.. they are just saying radiation belts exist, and that there's no oxygen.. to keep us here i mean.. ive never really been to space so i dont know. For all i know ive been lied to about space travel just to keep me from doing it and discovering whats REALLY out there. do i believe that?.. no.. but i like to keep an open mind :P Besides, If you want to travel through the universe.. there's much easier ways than a space ship.. Give me about 80 dollars, some Mimosa hostilis Root Bark bark, and a bong.. and i bet you i can make it WAY past the moon.
    ZZZZing!!!!

I'm gonna guess that they couldn't figure out how to get people thru the van Allen radiation belts without frying them, that's my guess. And that's my guess as to why the space shuttle never left the safety of the earth's orbit
    Because its much, much easier just to stage the whole thing and win the moon race without leaving the starting line. But not only the moon missions but subsequent Gemini 10 and 11 space walks as well, because those allegedly took place right in the Van Allen belt, indecently those space walk photos were faked by NASA. But the majority of the space flight missions, well over a hundred, stayed out of the southern belt region all together.

Array

School
    Super Gym, Knutsford
    Some quite compelling stuff here, in particular when they play the movie footage of the buggy at double speed:

I don't know what to think really, still strikes me as odd that such an event would be faked at all.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Why didn't the space shuttle ever get to the moon? Or at least drive by? I could be wrong but I think the space shuttle was way more expensive than the Saturn 5 rocket that supposedly got to the moon many times. More expensive yet can't get to the moon? Huh? Since when has America stopped the progress of human technological advances because of money? The Russians were WAY ahead of the US in space exploration in the 50's and 60's, and they were hell bent on beating us to the moon. The had many firsts in space yet they could never figure out how to get a man on the moon. Why is that? They sent un manned missions to the moon and they sent monkeys into space but they always came back fried. Why did they just give up? I'm gonna guess that they couldn't figure out how to get people thru the van Allen radiation belts without frying them, that's my guess. And that's my guess as to why the space shuttle never left the safety of the earth's orbit
    Agreed. The first of the two Van Allen radiation belts begins at 700 miles from earth. The farthest that any of the space shuttles has gone was 365 miles from earth. The astronauts reported seeing flashes of light which was radiation from the belt, WITH THEIR EYES CLOSED. The radiation was going through the hull of the shuttle, through their suits AND through their eyelids !

Looking for a naked grandma in the woods lying on a blanket.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    This might be helpful.. or not. From the...

http://lsda.jsc.nasa.gov/books/apollo/S2ch3.htm
    BIOMEDICAL RESULTS OF APOLLO
    SECTION II
    CHAPTER 3
    RADIATION PROTECTION AND INSTRUMENTATION
    by
    J. Vernon Bailey
    Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center

(relevant excerpts)
    The solar and cosmic radiation found in space has long been recognized as a possible danger in space travel. Exposure to such radiation has the potential of causing serious medical problems. For example, radiation exposure can produce a number of significant changes in various elements of the blood, making an individual more susceptible to disease; also, ionizing radiations of the type found in space can produce significant damage to the lens of the eye. Radiation exposure can also cause temporary or lasting damage to the reproductive system ranging from reduced fertility to permanent sterility. The extent of damage depends upon the tissue involved, the duration of exposure, the dose received, and other factors.

Van Allen Belts

The problem of protecting astronauts against the radiation found within the Van Allen belts was recognized before the advent of manned space flight. These two bands of trapped radiation, discovered during the Explorer I flight in 1958, consist principally of protons and high-energy electrons, a significant part of which were, at that time, debris from high-altitude tests of nuclear weapons. The simple solution to protection is to remain under the belts [below an altitude of approximately 556 km (? 300 nautical miles)] when in Earth orbit, and to traverse the belts rapidly on the way to outer space. In reality, the problem is somewhat more complex. The radiation belts vary in altitude over various parts of the Earth and are absent over the north and south magnetic poles. A particularly significant portion of the Van Allen belts is a region known as the South Atlantic anomaly (figure 1). Over the South Atlantic region, the geomagnetic field draws particles closer to the Earth than in other regions of the globe. The orbit inclination of a spacecraft determines the number of passes made per day through this region and, thus, the radiation dose.

Particles within the Van Allen belts, in spiraling around the Earth’s magnetic lines of force, display directionality. This directionality varies continuously in angular relationship to the trajectory of the spacecraft. Therefore, dosimetry instrumentation for use in the Van Allen belts had relatively omnidirectional radiation sensors so that the radiation flux would be measured accurately. The Van Allen belt dosimeter (figure 2) was designed specifically for Apollo dosimetry within these radiation belts.

The rest of the document covers all other forms of possible radiation. Again, it comes down to whether or not you believe NASA. And keep in mind, this collective information about the function of radiation is known data that is used in order to plan satellite trajectories within safe margins of the belt.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Agreed. The first of the two Van Allen radiation belts begins at 700 miles from earth. The farthest that any of the space shuttles has gone was 365 miles from earth. The astronauts reported seeing flashes of light which was radiation from the belt, WITH THEIR EYES CLOSED. The radiation was going through the hull of the shuttle, through their suits AND through their eyelids !
    http://lsda.jsc.nasa.gov/books/apollo/S2ch3.htm
    One particular effect possibly related to cosmic rays was the light-flash phenomenon reported on the Apollo 11 and subsequent missions. Although it is well known that ionizing radiations can produce visual phosphenes (subjective sensations best described as flashes of light) of the types reported, a definite correlation was not established between cosmic rays and the observation of flashes during the Apollo Program. The light flashes were described as starlike flashes or streaks of light that apparently occur within the eye. The flashes were observed only when the spacecraft cabin was dark or when blindfolds were provided and the crewmen were concentrating on detection of the flashes.

Array

School
    10th Planet, Spokane Wa
    [QUOTE=AJ Camacho;25303]This might be helpful.. or not. From the...[QUOTE]
    Damn dude! That's enough to make someone wanna stay right here on earth and wish we thought it was flat again!

I love AJ Camacho... thats all. Thank You sir. :-)

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    The rocks dont lie. We went to the moon. They quite possibly jazzed the video up a bit, but that doesnt mean they didnt go.

http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/lunar/index.cfm

Also, radiation is less of a big deal than the cold war left people think it was. A excessive dose will make you sick. The same goes for, iron or even water. The world is a radioactive.

http://rerowland.com/BodyActivity.htm

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast