Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu

I didn't know what to think of this, but I had to respond.

This guy is a brazilian, and a black belt that trains where I train. I am not quite sure what he is trying to say, but it doesn't sound good. I was a bit upset about it, and couldn't help but comment. I tried to not show how pissed off I was... I think I did a pretty good job. No one else has commented on the post, or liked it since my comment.

What do y'all think?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Who cares what he thinks. You or I aren't going to change his mind. Let him live in his own ignorance, it will bit him in the ass eventually.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Who cares what he thinks. You or I aren't going to change his mind. Let him live in his own ignorance, it will bit him in the ass eventually.
    Hopefully I can roll with him one day, light him up in the electric chair, and say "The electric chair. Compliments of Eddie Bravo."

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Haters be hating no matter what happens. Let it be, man.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    First of all, the podcast wasn't anything like I was expecting (in a good way) but the podcast didn't seem like it was a way of making peace between the Gracies and Eddie in any way. I'm glad they didn't bring up Metamoris or any of the bad blood between the Gracies and Eddie to not disrespect Rickson, I imagine. They just picked the brain of a great man and did a great job.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge Bunimovich View Post
    Haters be hating no matter what happens. Let it be, man.
    Right? Man, I guess it never stops. Will do, Serge.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Kavanagh View Post
    First of all, the podcast wasn't anything like I was expecting (in a good way) but the podcast didn't seem like it was a way of making peace between the Gracies and Eddie in any way. I'm glad they didn't bring up Metamoris or any of the bad blood between the Gracies and Eddie to not disrespect Rickson, I imagine. They just picked the brain of a great man and did a great job.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! I was like "Where is this dude getting this idea from?!". Eddie was just trying to share what he's been developing for years with one of his heros. Eddie is a JJ freak, always has been and always will be, and I hope Rickson saw that. It'd be cool if a connection between Rickson, Kron and 10th Planet develops as a result of this.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I think Eddie showed his passion for Jiu Jitsu and Rickson showed he is willing to listen to non-Gracie ideas. If nothing else, the gi-wearing BJJ people who watch this should - once again - see that Eddie has nothing but respect for Jiu Jitsu (of all forms), he just took another path to those training with the gi.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Rickson didn't seem to mind, and invited eddie to his council and stated he wanted to do the podcast with them in the future. I'd take Rickson's opinionw of them over this dude, it carries a tad more weight.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Tom Barlow/Kenny Baker Academy Plymouth 10th Planet Ronin
    Completely agree with all these posts. There was a lot of sarcasm floating round the UK BJJ underground facebook group. At first I wanted to comment on my perspective (the positive aspects) but as Zog said, neither you or I can change their respective views. Just like religion, you can't educate ignorance.
    Paul 'Toppy' Ferguson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast