Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Defense against rubber guard didn't work out so well

Cool video of one of my matches from ADCC NY pro where my opponent tries to counter by rubber guard with one of Gary Tonon's RG roll defenses. Didn't quite work out well for him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wBi9zksBRgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Well done homie.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Great match. Boo on the "break his neck" comment from the person recording though.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    I wish everyone just invest $70 on a real camera with zoom function.. congrats bro.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Awesome that you used rubber guard to win but it was really hard to see any details. Girls are always the worst cameramen, congrats tho :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    "Break his Neck"!

nice win!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Farmington MO/ Ronin
    Congrats on the win man. I still think think tonon's technique could work some of the time but this definitely wasn't one of them.

Also it looked like your opponent simply wasn't doing any of it right at all really. for that setup he was suppose to try to stand up and flip over while having a grip around both your legs and it looked like he just rolled over or maybe you swept him. So did he ever get that grip around your legs or did it break when you rolled?

Either way, one technique doesn't kill an entire system and after seeing what happened there i think i'll just stick to posturing and not fucking around. Good Job man, that was the first video i've seen of someone answering back to tonon's RG killer, i hope to see more videos of how other people handle that situation

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Nice job man

Blew up the defense part and made it a animated gif for educational purposes

Thanks for the gif!

I go crackhead control to bring my foot across his face to set up my variation on the carni when he tried Tonon's roll. He had a grip on my leg but as he rolled I settled my weight on him in a pseudo-mount so when he came up top I was able to kick free and lock up the reverse triangle.

I agree he didn't do Tonon's defense correctly. I posted the video of Tonon for my training partners, who are non 10th planet guys, and get incredibly frustrated by my rubber guard. I told them I'd rather them try the defense against me so I could problem solve in the gym over problem solve in a competition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast