Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Nottingham

shooting in a street fight

how would you guys shoot in a street fight. cause for obvious reasons you dont want your knee in contact with the ground but then u want some level change???

Array

School
    NA
    you gotta try the judo throw son....OR my favorite is knotting up the middle of their back with your fists and pushing forward till they fall back. shooting can be difficult because you leave the back of your head and neck exposed so you wanna get good at take downs. if it's your knee scraping concrete you are worried about i think adrenaline should take care of that.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    ahh they go over this in the csw 2009 camp video that i.. umm... "acquired"..
    like 50 minutes in the guy tells a story about a wrestler friend getting in a fight and ripping the skin off his toes and knees when he was going for double legs lol.
    so the way ho shoots double legs, he just drops his level and steps into contact range (middle of their feet) with his inside leg, then he steps his outside leg behind their legs and straightens his posture up and starts his takedowns from there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Nottingham
    i c what you mean. myt dill a few real life possible scenarios. :P

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Drop backwards onto my arse, feet wide and low. Relax, both eyes open, breath, squeeze.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Some wrestlers don't believe in dropping to your knee during a shot. I'd imagine that I'd want to use that shot.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    I like to hit them till they fall down, cause no random guy on the street has the same level striking as me, but if you want to shoot I'd say to move the fight to a grassy area if you can, if you can't try it Judo style or just try to pick them up and slam them matt hughes style

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    I like to hit them till they fall down, cause no random guy on the street has the same level striking as me

lmao a lil arrogant dont you think theres an ass whipping out there for everybody

Array

School
    Luling MMA / Cedar Creek MMA / Dojo Kyle
    Single leg to swing around to 50/50 Imanari style! Haha nah seriously I always go to the old school GJJ Volume 1 Tape 1 takedown flow. Control the distance, obtain clinch, and either hip throw, foot block, or drag his rear leg out with yours depending on his actions. If that shit don't work it's onto the judo and Greco.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    throw some strikes to the victim covers up then get double under hooks then get the slam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast