Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Morcegao BJJ

How NOT to roll with a girl

Hey guys, Just seen this funny parody video. Any of you actually experienced this?

Apologies for the non-embed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR5Qtwt6GzY

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Hespect everyone. Especially women. Not just because it's right, but because they are more than capable of manhandling dudes (speaking from experience)
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    I have had the same experience as at the end of the video. Usually a roll with someone new will start out fine and once I catch the guy in something, he turns on hulk mode. I'll keep going until they do something stupid. One guy, while I was out in California, lifted me while I had a locked in triangle and slammed me hard in the ground. I just stopped rolling and said I'd roll with him again when he got his ego in check.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Hook his leg. You should always be wary of the slam.

The only thing I change with girls is only relative to weight difference. Same as I would anybody I outweigh by 30lbs or more.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Girls have arms and legs too and they can still choke the shit out of you with those arms and legs. Respect your opponent. Funny video though, we all know that guy.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Hook his leg. You should always be wary of the slam.

The only thing I change with girls is only relative to weight difference. Same as I would anybody I outweigh by 30lbs or more.
    I tried but I had just put it in, as in I was crossing my legs when he stood. He had a good 50lbs on me to begin with so I wasn't expecting him to do that since we don't do it in our gym.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Always expect it. Our rule is if you get picked up, you lose the triangle and start in bottom side. In any situation outside of jj comp getting picked up is bad m'kay.

Doesn't excuse him slamming you like a spaz. But damn near every football, crossfit, or bodybuild type white belt will do this. I learned the hard way as well. Hasn't happened again. Just my advice. Hook it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I am more conscientious about hand position...
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Always expect it. Our rule is if you get picked up, you lose the triangle and start in bottom side . by a guyn any situation outside of jj comp getting picked up is bad m'kay.

Doesn't excuse him slamming you like a spaz. But damn near every football, crossfit, or bodybuild type white belt will do this. I learned the hard way as well. Hasn't happened again. Just my advice. Hook it.
    I appreciate the advice. I had a few triangles tonight in our early class so I tried to remember to hook the leg even though I knew they weren't going to stand up with me.

When it comes to new guys in the gym, I watch and see how they roll with others before I roll with them. I had my ribs broken by a spam white belt at my first gym so I'm extra cautious now.

Array

School
    10p Murder City USA, Chicago Prominence
    Chicago has a landmark fem competitor, arguably our top fighter. Say this, days when she's training pajama party elsewhere; my exp isn't optimized. AK-47... fackin reem, genuine article #MidwestMonsters #KonichiwaBitches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast