Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao

CERN scientists trap antimatter atoms for study(article)

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    What's your thoughts??? Seems like a waste of a lot o $$$. Not to mention the possibility of unknown reactions to enacting with matter etc... The small 2.2 billion dollar lab in San Fran worries me alot more than the LHC or the lab above. They're trying to create a star and are getting closer to accomplishing it. They estimate sustained ignition with in two years (2012). H-E-L-L-O!-!-!-!-! A fucking star!!!! On the surface of the planet... If they are successful, I would like to know how they plan on containing the atmospheric pressure difference alone. Not to mention a thousand other factors...

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    All of this stuff is way over my head but they argue that atoms collide at high speeds all the time just above the earth's atmosphere. How that relates to on the earth? Who knows.

My father was really religious and he seriously believed that aliens were demons, and that incidences of alien/demon sightings increased after our experimentation with the atomic bomb. That we some how opened the door to hell or something. God knows what he thinks about this.

Without writing a wall of text on why this is so awesome.. I'll just leave with I think its a perfectly reasonable use of money and resources.. This is what our money should be spent on. And the world is not going to collapse from such things.. thats ridiculous... and beyond unlikely.

I've been geeking hard over this.. I love the cern lab and what they do. This is now the second greatest project they've taken on and its made my finals week slightly more enjoyable :-)

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    I can't wait to see how this develops. New discoveries are always fascinating to me. It's amazing how fast we are learning as a race. Who knows what is going to come from this research. The last time I can remember emphasis on, and finances for, a scientific project to the magnitude of this one, the internet was born as a result (Reagan's "Star Wars" program). Perhaps we will begin to understand time travel, in a way. Not necessarily going back and forth through time, but the ability to "teleport", as it were.

I do enjoy making far-fetched assertions...

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Pourya Samari View Post
    Without writing a wall of text on why this is so awesome.. I'll just leave with I think its a perfectly reasonable use of money and resources.. This is what our money should be spent on. And the world is not going to collapse from such things.. thats ridiculous... and beyond unlikely.

I've been geeking hard over this.. I love the cern lab and what they do. This is now the second greatest project they've taken on and its made my finals week slightly more enjoyable :-)
    I'm with you, this Is so bad ass for so many reasons! I love this and have no fear or reservations about money being spent. Who knows, these may be the beginings of some of the new technologies that could one day either greatly advance us or even save us from extinction.