Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    As a Ronin white belt, I wouldn't feel right about claiming a 10th Planet rank unless Sensi Eddie, Zog or any other 10th Planet Coach awarded it.
    Not what I'm getting at at all, I would never claim a belt rank. Just curious to see how the belt was translated from style to style

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I don't guess I've ever met a Lutra Livre practitioner. Even less common here than legit catch wrestling.
    I wouldn't consider myself a Luta Livre practitioner. To me it's all just no gi jiu jitsu/submission grappling

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    Not what I'm getting at at all, I would never claim a belt rank. Just curious to see how the belt was translated from style to style
    I like what Nathan Orchard said at the Portland seminar. Something along the lines of, when he can't think of a reason why you shouldn't get promoted then you are ready, if there is any doubt whatsoever then they are not ready to be promoted.

Just make the trip to your closest moon and learn, you will get an idea of where you are at.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I like what Nathan Orchard said at the Portland seminar. Something along the lines of, when he can't think of a reason why you shouldn't get promoted then you are ready, if there is any doubt whatsoever then they are not ready to be promoted.

Just make the trip to your closest moon and learn, you will get an idea of where you are at.

I like that
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I like that
    I'm not concerned with rank until I get to actually train full time at a 10P school, (I'm like 2 hours away from 10P Chicago and plan on checking it out). I don't really care what banner my grappling falls under, I just really love being on the mat and improving. Btw, I just put it together that you're the guy from the security cam wrestler video, you're a bad mofo lolol

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    One of the guys I trained with in germany was a LL blue belt i think, and a lot of the stuff he showed was super legit. goes well with jj but I think Coach Zog hit the nail on the head.

however the positive from that is, you can get belted in both disciplines and that sounds cool.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    One of the guys I trained with in germany was a LL blue belt i think, and a lot of the stuff he showed was super legit. goes well with jj but I think Coach Zog hit the nail on the head.

however the positive from that is, you can get belted in both disciplines and that sounds cool.
    I agree, the styles are completely different, (LL is almost always offensively based, heavy on the takedowns, emphasis on guard passing, having good top control) compared to the defensive guard based Jiu Jitsu game (not that you can't be a top guy in jiu jitsu). The only thing I get hung up on is the objective is the exact same, anything that works in JJ will be effective in LL, and vice versa

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    I agree, the styles are completely different, (LL is almost always offensively based, heavy on the takedowns, emphasis on guard passing, having good top control) compared to the defensive guard based Jiu Jitsu game (not that you can't be a top guy in jiu jitsu). The only thing I get hung up on is the objective is the exact same, anything that works in JJ will be effective in LL, and vice versa
    I guess it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges, they both make a good snack on their own but taste even better together in a fruit salad.

Array

School
    I guess it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges, they both make a good snack on their own but taste even better together in a fruit salad.
    POWERFUL metaphor

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    I didn't realize 1) there were luta livre places in the US, and 2) there was a belt system. Do you mind explaining the belt system? I read it HERE, but what's the time-frame? I take it there's live rolling?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast