Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    The monoplata has a much larger strength threshold than a kimura in my opinion. MUCH larger. Its Because your arms are removed from the equation and its finished by your hips. I would spend a little more time perfecting the angle before giving it up.

Definitely not giving it up, I'm actually trying to put more focus on it and get different ideas from people so I can work them in together and find what works for me best.

What angle are you talking about exactly?

Make sure his wrist stays behind your back so that its finished with your hip rotation. If that slips lose, you might have to change it into a arm-bar variation (attacking the elbow now). The more you rep it and get used to the move, the less that will be necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I have a new sequence that I am working when they explode and put their back on the mat. I just taught it in class for the first time on Tuesday night, but it has been big money for me. Not quite ready to make a video on it yet, though.
    Cant wait for new stuff from you mate, all your stuff has been money for me so far.

Question for all. when you do a monoplata like brandon shows, and the guy is on his side, how much of a difference does having your butt close to the opponent have to do with getting the tap?

I'm just trying to see all the angles that affect the monoplata. so when I'm sitting in there I can tick them off the checklist. ie. is my butt close enough, have I chicken winged tight enough, where is their wrist and so on.

I like the idea of top gogo clinch because it seems more secure, but I'm going to have to wait until I can test these out properly.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    YAY One more day
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    If you go Logeoplata from there be sure to switch your gable grip around as you will get much better leverage on the submission!
    So do you mean go from head-hooking hand palm down, to palm up?
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    So do you mean go from head-hooking hand palm down, to palm up?
    I'll make a video for it eventually but if you're doing rubber guard with your left leg/attacking your opponents right arm when you go Logeoplata from the guard you want to gable grip so that your right thumb is visible. When you're on top in the same position you want to switch your grip around so that your left thumb is the one that's visible. I hope that makes sense, you should be able to really feel the difference!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12