Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield

Going to interview Geo Martinez

Any particular questions that the Nibiru Forum would like to be asked of him?

It's going to be for BJJ Legends Magazine. I have a few angles in mind, one of them being the 10thP community.

So, what would be a good question/s from y'all, as a forum.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Will he ever cross over into MMA?

Does he ever (or has he ever) have to deal with people dismissing him as a Black Belt due to only being training a short number of years? Especially now with him smashing Competitions up and now running his own school.

Array

School
    www.therockbjj.com
    My understanding is that Geo reached black belt very quickly. What sort of training methods and philosophies helped him do this?

I have heard Eddie talk on his podcast about how Geo's skills from breakdancing and his innate athletic abilities helped his transition into martial arts, but obviously a lot of hard work went into it as well.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Yes the bboy things is important to him. The actual ways it helps him would be interesting to get down in text!

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I would love to hear about his training regimen in terms of how often he trains, drilling outside regular classwork, outside conditioning, etc.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotReady View Post
    My understanding is that Geo reached black belt very quickly. What sort of training methods and philosophies helped him do this?

I have heard Eddie talk on his podcast about how Geo's skills from breakdancing and his innate athletic abilities helped his transition into martial arts, but obviously a lot of hard work went into it as well.

Thanks,
    Brendan
    Above all else, he's extremely competitive. Having stayed at his place training with him for a few months leading up to EBI 1, that's the main thing that stood out as a key to his BJJ success if you want to find one. He's just super hungry.

If somehow you find a way to get the better of him in a roll, guaranteed he will prompt you to roll with him again the next round. And again and again, until he figures you out and gets the better of you. That's not to paint him as a confrontational ego centric type though. He'll push you and himself in the best of ways, he has a super respectful / easy going personality past his competitive side.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    www.therockbjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Above all else, he's extremely competitive. Having stayed at his place training with him for a few months leading up to EBI 1, that's the main thing that stood out as a key to his BJJ success if you want to find one. He's just super hungry.

If somehow you find a way to get the better of him in a roll, guaranteed he will prompt you to roll with him again the next round. And again and again, until he figures you out and gets the better of you. That's not to paint him as a confrontational ego centric type though. He'll push you and himself in the best of ways, he has a super respectful / easy going personality past his competitive side.
    Really enjoyed his video on YouTube with entries to the truck. Slick stuff, you have to have a really creative mind to come up with some of those.

-Brendan

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    Aiesop, are you coming to SD? Lemme know if you get into town and wanna train with us down in south SD. Hope you have a good trip.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    I wish, buddy, but this fool would need to get mad clearance to leave two toddlers and a dog behind to go by himself to San Diego. lol. It's on my list of places to visit, though, I'll make sure to hit you up in the future. Thanks, man.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    Aiesop, anytime. Likewise if get a chance to get back to NYC sometime in the next 6 mths. Always like to travel back to CT when I'm there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast