Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Well, I still think that if Popovich is serious about what he said, and not seem like a hypocrite, then he needs to adjust his school's Gi versus No-gi offerings, which currently stand at 9 to 3 per week. That ratio is way too off, IMHO.

Array

School
    www.therockbjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    Well, I still think that if Popovich is serious about what he said, and not seem like a hypocrite, then he needs to adjust his school's Gi versus No-gi offerings, which currently stand at 9 to 3 per week. That ratio is way too off, IMHO.
    Well, there is always what you think vs what the market demands.

I'm sure most bars would prefer to highlight some craft IPA, but you can't not have Bud Light and Fireball up front and center.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    ^^That' s actually a really good analogy.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I think in the end, he loves money the most. Gi JJ is just more lucrative at this point. The gi costs a lot of money. There are more gi competitions. People are attracted to the traditional looking uniforms and the "Oss." The second most prestigious and achievable promotion is in the gi. So until no gi becomes more profitable for him, expect his school to keep pushing gi classes.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotReady View Post
    Well, there is always what you think vs what the market demands.

I'm sure most bars would prefer to highlight some craft IPA, but you can't not have Bud Light and Fireball up front and center.
    Well, you just put it way better than me in one simple sentence. LMAO. Nice.

Array

School
    www.therockbjj.com
    Haha, thanks everyone

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Are the 10th Planet Moons doing that badly compared to other schools in their area?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    He has a world class skill set in the gi. Why wouldn't he teach it to feed his family? There is a need in the market to be filled, he is filling it with his years of expertise and skill.

You don't HAVE to love everything about your job. It makes it way better if you do, but you don't have to. I'm willing to bet most of you guys don't love what you do for a living.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    You ever wish you taught in GI, Brandon? Would it get more people in your gym?

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Are the 10th Planet Moons doing that badly compared to other schools in their area?
    I think they serve two different market segments, right?

Just like there actually are brew pubs that mainly serve the smaller group who only want to buy fancy craft IPAs while there are regular bars that serve a wider more general audience that always have Fireball and Bud.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast