Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA

Twister Side Control Defenses

Hello,

So, I've been merrily wielding the might of Twister Side Control (TSC) for almost a year and great has been the suffering of my opponents.

I mean to say, it's been working pretty well inasmuch as a white belt like myself has been able to put it to good use. My mount percentages are pretty darn good and I'm hitting the roll to the truck sometimes too. Good times.

Well, it's beginning to get used against me now. By a purple belt. And lo, great is my consternation.

I know that I can Heisman as they turn if I'm quite clever, but I'm not as clever as my opponent and haven't yet hit the timing.

Is there anything we do to get out of TSC once it's locked in?

Let me guess, "move your hips?" Bridge? Don't let them get Twister Side Control?

Seriously though. I'm getting pretty ok at surviving orthodox Side Control, but Twister Side Control is crushing.

Anything?

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I only go against a few folks who try to use truck on me, so my strategy is to either defend the initial standard attacks and then escape, or try to flip.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    How do you defend the tip toe mount? It's also so much easier to arc the leg at a very high angle and it's very difficult to catch, especially if your opponent is highly skilled and knows that you are waiting for a catch.

Any techniques for dealing with this posish?

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152581745478122

Hope this links works, twister side control reversal to banana split.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    I like that. It's risky, but hey, it's a bad position. You have to do something...

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Frames
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Can you overhook the leg on the banana split ? Or is their any danger? Thanks