Array

School
    Renzo Gracie Portland

Rubber/Williams Guard to "crowbar" with one hand?

Hello everyone!

Short disclaimer: I lost my right arm, shoulder and all due to cancer when I younger. I have somewhat lanky/flexible legs partly because I use them so much in jiu jitsu haha

I've found that using the rubber guard I can effectively trap opponents using one arm/quick leg transitions, but usually the moment my hand goes to isolate an arm (generally the one closest to mine) there is a window of escape. Doing the "pump" is little bit challenging for me, however I recently discovered the "Williams" guard, similar to the meathook that allows me to turn off to my left side, isolate an arm, etc...

Is there any entry from either rubber or Williams guard to get to the crowbar? It may go by other names, but the crowbar is a counter to the double-under pass (shooting the arm under their armpit and forming the loose triangle). When an opponent is in my closed guard and won't let me get to rubber I use this, a lot, I'd love to add the crowbar to my arsenal from rubber as well if possible.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I will bind my arm to my side and play with it. Great that you're coming with a straight up technical question. I would love to see what you come up with.

One thing I'm sure of, is you're going to have to your leg curls and squeeze TIGHT. Along with super dexterity. Keep at it and I'll let ya know if I can help. You're game is going to be incredibly unique. Awesome.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Mad props to you bro!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6U0DHcPl-g

I feel like this would help. Now, I admit that i do a lot of things "my way." A lot of times, I'll play meat hook without the butterfly. But it works for me. I'm thinking that you should be able to go from meat hook to "shenaynay" and attack from there.

EDIT: I misunderstood what you meant by crowbar. BMac calls the crowbar the lever he uses to clear the neck. To my knowledge, I don't know of an entry to the crowbar you're referring to. Sorry.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I rolled with one arm a while do to a wrist injury, but I had a different game then so I played with some rubberguard one handed after you posted this.

My crock based shoulder trap/ Brackish Waters game still worked beautifully. The key was to trap the shoulder at a good angle with full triangle latch so that I could control posture with no hands. from there, I could work them to submission with just the one arm because I didn't need an arm to control posture.

I will say though, that while my normal game works on guys where I can't make the full latch because I can high double bag and adjust really deep as to not need it a full triangle, I don't know if that adjustment would be do-able with no hands (I wasn't doing it when I played with it) and thus you are either going to have to get high finesse with a hip adjustment there instead of the double bag or you will HAVE to have the full latch.

Sorry to not answer your first question, I'm not skilled enough at the crow bar to talk in depth about doing a crowbar one handed; It isn't what I use when you take away an arm. I just thought this might help you anyway. Let me know if this doesn't make sense or if I can help you in any other way.

Major, Major props for not letting this get in your way! There are HIGH level guys that are missing a limb, you can do it, I believe that for sure