Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    About a minute in, Marcelo capoeiras then ends up taking Aoki's back. It seemed that Aoki had the lockdown while capoeira'd, then as he began moving Marcelo got to his knees and used his locked-down leg as the first hook to take the back. Marcelo's capoeira game is insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DanWm-wqwwo

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I underhook his free leg an wrap both my arms around it (you usually have to hit it as he back steps) . I then use lock down on the leg that's stuck between mine an scoot my hips under his hips (won't work if his butt is on the ground, his hips need to be above yours.) When it's locked up I take him straight backwards to his back an pass with a backstep. It takes practice but has been a lifesaver for me.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    I underhook his free leg an wrap both my arms around it (you usually have to hit it as he back steps) . I then use lock down on the leg that's stuck between mine an scoot my hips under his hips (won't work if his butt is on the ground, his hips need to be above yours.) When it's locked up I take him straight backwards to his back an pass with a backstep. It takes practice but has been a lifesaver for me.
    Definitely sounds like a great option. I may have seen someone do it but never actually learned it. Thanks. I'll definitely try it out.

I feel like these sequences of escape are much like Headlock escapes in that they all feed into each other. It almost seems like you HAVE to go for one in order for another escape to open itself up.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    the berimbolo from there is pretty standard and easy. just make sure your knee slows his momentum and you catch his far hip with your top arm and your in biz.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    the berimbolo from there is pretty standard and easy. just make sure your knee slows his momentum and you catch his far hip with your top arm and your in biz.

I read this right before I went to train today and caught it. I hadn't really been catching the berimbolo on the capoeira, but kneeing him in the butt & disrupting his balance with precise timing gave me room to swim my arm under his ankle and go inverted. Just another tool in the arsenal. Thx everyone, anything else anyone would add would be very gracious

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    I read this right before I went to train today and caught it. I hadn't really been catching the berimbolo on the capoeira, but kneeing him in the butt & disrupting his balance with precise timing gave me room to swim my arm under his ankle and go inverted. Just another tool in the arsenal. Thx everyone, anything else anyone would add would be very gracious
    nice! yea, its super easy

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Ninja choke counter to capoeira pass. MTS 31
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/techniqu...1-doggy-style/

and rape choke counter sweep, you'll have to look for that one.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Ninja choke counter to capoeira pass. MTS 31
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/techniqu...1-doggy-style/

and rape choke counter sweep, you'll have to look for that one.
    Episode 31 cleared up a lot of questions about reactions I should have against a good capoeira guy. Thx

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    Episode 31 cleared up a lot of questions about reactions I should have against a good capoeira guy. Thx
    You're very welcome, remember to defend the kneebar there as well. A truly high level capoeira passer might want that knee.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    1)Underhook and reverse the pass to get the sweep
    2) The old warm up sequence to lock down.
    3)Ham Sandwich
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast