Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: wearing cups?

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterm View Post
    You have to wonder how hundreds of thousands of judo players and wrestlers have managed over decades and decades of practice not to have had this surface as a problem and this is in sports where you might think that the risk of impact and damage was higher than in jiu jitsu.

I have never known judo players or wrestlers express a concern about injury and the authorities presumably do not consider that it is a safety issue to be addressed.

I dare say that there is a small risk of injury although I have never seen any but then again I suspect that more testicular injuries arise when riding a bike and I would not think of wearing a cup just in case.
    I guess we are not living in the same universe! My balls have been saved many times from being vaporized by some vicious knees. I'm pretty small compared to a lot of my guys and I've been kicked MANY TIMES over the years. Some were pretty bad and can't imagine what would have happened to me if I wasn't wearing a cup.

Better be safe than sorry
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Never wear one in training it's just something else to obsess over so to hell with it. Makes sense if people do wear them though , just not for me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    I'm still quite a young fella but when I find the right girl and settle down. I want to be able to have the conversation about kids and not have to answer her questions with "i do jiu jitsu without a cup, I want to have kids with you but currently I'm still searching for my balls."

Slight exaggeration sure, but I'm not willing to risk it. I don't want to look at photos when I'm older that lack my children in them and have to blame jiu jitsu for it.

I didn't wear one for ages and didn't notice it too much, but since I got one. I've never gone back. You talk about guys losing testicles? I would much rather my arm gets torqued a bit easier than my testicles are damaged.

While we are on topic though, how often do people wash their cups? No nasty stories needed, just wondering hygiene wise.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    While we are on topic though, how often do people wash their cups? No nasty stories needed, just wondering hygiene wise.
    I have 3 sets of Cup/Compression Short Combos. I use all fresh clean gear for each session.

Array

School
    KJJ
    I don't wear one, but have no problem with training partners wearing it - UNLESS..... they decide to grind it into my face.

In which case.... no.... just.... no.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    The guys at our gym don't wear cups, but for sure on the mouth guards. We try to make sure everyone wears mouth guards. I've seen two people get teeth knocked out, one in "shadow" sparring, another in Jits with a spazzy white belt. Never a good idea to not have your mouth guard in. I think if you know how to move with out one it's no big deal. As long as no ones aiming. It seems like once very two months someone may move and the other person goes the same way and so ones nuts get smashed for a min, but it's not a big thing at our gym and that seems to work for the guys.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234