Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    Adem is a super cool dude! He has really good Jiu Jitsu and is an awesome teacher
    Last edited by DENNY PROKOPOS; 03-17-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    Can someone put up some links to Adam's videos?

This is my favorite video. Pound-for-pound, minute-for-minute, I have not watched anything in my 2.5 years of training that brought me to a new level of understanding moreso than this. In my humble opinion, it is THE foundational resource for playing open guard. It's taught in the gi, but just as much applies to no-gi or mma. The 6 principles that he outlines are universal and will apply at any level. Speaking strictly from personal experience, this has single-handedly allowed me to consolidate anything and everything I've ever learned about open-guard into one easy-to-remember system. In his words, it's not meant to 'limit' or 'hinder' your creativity, but rather to have a template to plug any open-guard system into, no matter how complex. Everything will fit into this template.

Watch the whole thing. I promise you won't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnq9mN2odAg

I've watched it well over a dozen times since it came out and still learn something new each time. This is open-guard DNA at its core.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 03-17-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Lol these things happen sometimes

Array

School
    Lookin'
    I haven't heard of him, nor watched his videos, but I already like the guy.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    I haven't heard of him, nor watched his videos, but I already like the guy.
    I'm a big fan of Cole Miller. He's got arguably some of the best jiu jitsu in the UFC today. Here's what he had to say about Adem's video (copy-pasted directly from his FB fan page 7/14/2014):

Attention fellow American Top Team MMA Fighters! Attention Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Enthusiasts! Attention Chicago Area students! This is going to seem a little bit like a commercial with how much I advocate this guy, however he did not ask me to do this. If you are serious about developing a better guard then watch this video. DO NOT scroll through, DO NOT hit key bullet points, DO NOT watch most of it. Watch the ENTIRE thing. This video is from my good friend Adem Redzovic who runs Team Redzovic - Gracie Jiu Jitsu in Chicago. He is one of the best teachers, explainers, and technical grapplers I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. This video is going to talk about one of the most important and overlooked aspects of developing a guard, and that is GUARD RETAINMENT and CONTROL! Its easy for any white belt, or purple belt for that matter to get lost in today's terminology. Worm guard, De la riva, Rubber, X, Spider, One legged X, Half, V,Z, Knee Shield, Lapel, I could go on and on(I do not even know what most of these guards are but I hear people say them all the time).
    You mean to tell me, that I have to learn all these guards? Not if you watch this video or have a good coach that has already projected these principles on you. But you would be surprised how many people do not know these principles which will save you in any type of open guard....ESPECIALLY the RESET portion he speaks on. Kudos to Adem for putting this out there, not for his team, but for any student of jiu jitsu to see. I may make a response video to this because this was such a good video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnq9mN2odAg
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 03-18-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DENNY PROKOPOS View Post
    Adem is a super cool dude! He has really good Jiu Jitsu and is an awesome teacher

booooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks to google alerts for alerting me when people speak about me

Thanks to the guys who was hating on me for giving me a reason to join this very nice message board.

Thanks to Arman and Denny and others for speaking good about a brother, I appreciate you.

Just some sincere advice to my fellows journeymen who were hating on me; Gain knowledge. Even if it comes from a funny accent or speech pattern . Peace

Array

School
    Appreciate you, bro.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    So basically, this just happened in real life.....

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    So basically, this just happened in real life.....

hahahahahahaha,

all good,

peace!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast