Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)

ADCC Invitations

I just saw an article of the ADCC Invitations are being sent out (http://adcombat.com/adcc-invitations...ting-to-go-out), and after seeing and hearing about Geo's killer run through trials I really hope he will get his invitation to represent 10P. At least the super fights will be great to watch.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    He doesn't need an invite. Geo earned his spot by winning the North American Trials. 10P is headed to Sao Paulo

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    We've also still go the West Coast Trials coming up. I imagine 10P will represent pretty hard there. After 40% of the winners of the East Coast Trials were pure no-gi guys, I am super stoked to see what happens at the West Coast Trials.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Someones not paying attentch
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boor View Post
    He doesn't need an invite. Geo earned his spot by winning the North American Trials. 10P is headed to Sao Paulo
    Yeah it's gonna be crazy to see how Geo fares in the deepest of the deep. It's a shame he hasn't been able to compete in no gi worlds because he got ranked too quick. I'm super excited to see what he does. I'm really hoping for some truck work. I'm predicting at least one calf crank.

Quote Originally Posted by TThompson View Post
    I just saw an article of the ADCC Invitations are being sent out (http://adcombat.com/adcc-invitations...ting-to-go-out), and after seeing and hearing about Geo's killer run through trials I really hope he will get his invitation to represent 10P. At least the super fights will be great to watch.
    He's already there man. If you win the trials you don't need an invite

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    It's a shame he hasn't been able to compete in no gi worlds because he got ranked too quick.
    Could you please explain what this is about?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Could you please explain what this is about?
    IBJJF has rules for black belt competition. I forget the exact rule, but basically, he got promoted to black belt too quickly according to their rules. So until he completes the amount of years that the IBJJF requires, he can't compete in IBJJF at black belt. Otherwise, I'm sure he would've been all up in there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    IBJJF has "time-in-rank" requirements in order to be recognized and to be able to compete in their events. It's a big money grab. First, your instructor must be certified by the IBJJF as a 2nd-degree black belt, which costs about $500-$700, as you must 1. pay for the certificate (~$400) 2. attend and pay for an IBJJF rules event ($100) 3. take CPR training. 4. actual yearly membership Second, you yourself as a black belt must pay the above plus extra "new "membership" processing fee. Eddie is not IBJJF certified, but Geo was going to do it through Jean Jacques Machado. He started the process but was told he did not meet the "time-in-rank" requirements to get to black belt. In other words, he could have participated but only as a brown belt. LOL (There's a minimum amount in each rank that you must remain in before you are acknowledge to be promoted to the next belt.) There are no exceptions; which is strange b/c at any other sport, when you get "called up" to the majors, you get called up.

Array

School
    So will Geo be able to compete at black belt at all? Like if he waits a year or more?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast