Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    VJ, I think the question would be if you did go back to Gi would your current instructor let you wear your purple?

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I got the feeling he feels like brown might be a more appropriate color and that he would be brown if he was training somewhere that could promote him. So if purple is no longer appropriate, and brown is not appropriate, his solution is to remember it doesn't matter what color your belt is, and he demonstrates this by putting on white.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Said it much better than I did Craig In the end it doesn't matter what belt I am. I've gotten shit from both sides... Been called a sandbagger for competing as a purple an also told I have no rank because I don't do bjj anymore. I just choose to avoid the drama and just be me with my own jitz.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    VJ, I think the question would be if you did go back to Gi would your current instructor let you wear your purple?
    Yes... he does... On the rare occasions I show up for bjj class.

In my training history, a lot of No Gi, I was awarded a blue a long time ago, Eddie promoted me to Purple in 10th planet, when I went back to Gi I wore a blue again, he would have allowed a purple but I didn't feel like my Gi game was there yet (it wasn't)

Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Yes... he does... On the rare occasions I show up for bjj class.
    Obviously you know you're a purple belt, but ot really doesn't matter in a forum rank like you said

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Vj, you are a purple belt to me
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    boom!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Btw, that technique looks great while in the truck, that's a knarley leg knot but like bobby said, if you lift your bottom knee off the ground you will get your truck flipped. If you can knot up his bottom leg without lifting your bottom leg off the ground then maybe the move will pan out, good luck
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Did a promotion just happen?!
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Thanks for the support Eddie. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this nor am i worried about it. This will all work itself out one day. You guys have no idea the politics around here. This is prime Gracie country, your either a Gracie school or a Gracie affiliate, a no-gi guy ain't getting shit out here...and i did Gi only my first 6 years and the next 2 were half and half. I've only been no-gi only for the last 3 years...I just fell in love with no-gi, i was a wrestler...enjoy the faster pace, attacking legs and the freedom of movement it provides.

Considering that this is Eddies forum and he vouged for my skills in no-gi as a purple I will change my forum rank and get off this thread (i had no intentions of hijacking it..lol).

Craig...my offer still stands if you ever want to get together and spar...no ill will from me...just looking for someone to spar with while in Manchester...don't really care what you skill level is.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast