Thread: Star Struck

Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)

Star Struck

Anyone have any funny stories about when they met someone famous and was just too excited about it to act cool?

I have a couple to start this off:

1. Steven Tyler
    I was a lucky kid to have parents that took me to an Aerosmith concert. My dad even got backstage passes and I ended up meeting half the band! The first one that came out was Steven Tyler and he was doing his rocker thing being a bad ass signing titties and shit, but when he got to the little kid me he goes "Whats up dude?!?"

I just looked up at him with my mouth wide open and slowly handed him my backstage pass to sign.

2. Kroyler Gracie
    I was at a tournament and Kroyler was the special guest of the tournament. I saw one of his guys with a cool rashguard and went up to tell him how I liked his rashguard and it was awesome. He responded by telling me, "It's that guy's rashguard!" and Kroyler turned around and I was like
    "oh wow, um hi (forgot his name due to being caught off guard even though I just read it on the rashguard)...... Mr. Gracie wow its Mr.Gracie!"

3. Eddie Bravo

I was super excited to finally meet Eddie in person because he has returned my e-mails since I was a kid studying all his books and applying his techniques with barely any experience and was doing well as a ronin. He always gave me encouragement and made me feel a part of the system due to him being so supportive and warm enough to answer my e-mails when I didn't even have my own family's support to pursue martial arts at first. I went to a seminar and was able to have a conversation with him I kept it way cooler than the Kroyler Gracie situation, but I did not have as cool of a conversation as I imagined I would have about 20 times before that. I got a picture, showed him my tattoo, rambled about how I use his techniques and was totally lame lol.

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig
    did you smoke the peace pipe?

Array

School
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by eoin ahern View Post
    did you smoke the peace pipe?
    That's not something we discuss for fear of inciting The Indian!

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    I met Eddie in Altus OK not too long ago. We were going to take a picture. I walked towards him and started to act like I was going to wrestle around with him. He looked confused so I stopped, acted like a normal person and posed with him for the picture.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I met Sara McMann once..at a tournament. She choked me and I got a picture with her afterwards. I was so starstruck trying to compete against her..I forgot my whole game plan going in. Lol..
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th planet Newark
    I was at a tournament here in Ohio like 6-7 years ago, and was competing. I was just starting to play rubberguard in practice, but nobody i trained with had a clue what i was going for or trying to work on. Got taken down, mission control, zombie.....then i hear screaming "double bag!! double bag!!" i'm thinking who the hell do i know, that knows what double bag means. Sure as shit, Eddie is sitting on the edge of the mat. That's the last i remember of the match haha. I went over and talked to him for a few minutes and he acted as if I was his student and started explaining how huge it was to start double bagging. Definitely a shocker at the time.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Borrows View Post
    I was at a tournament here in Ohio like 6-7 years ago, and was competing. I was just starting to play rubberguard in practice, but nobody i trained with had a clue what i was going for or trying to work on. Got taken down, mission control, zombie.....then i hear screaming "double bag!! double bag!!" i'm thinking who the hell do i know, that knows what double bag means. Sure as shit, Eddie is sitting on the edge of the mat. That's the last i remember of the match haha. I went over and talked to him for a few minutes and he acted as if I was his student and started explaining how huge it was to start double bagging. Definitely a shocker at the time.
    Awesome story! Did you win the fight?

Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)
    Awesome stories

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    Lol I knew Mighty Mouse before he was Mighty Mouse . They are all just folks :-)
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Array

School
    10th planet L.A. Tapout
    I met George St. Pierre in the elevator at Fox studios. I followed him and his bodyguard/trainer onto the elevator filming his legs (because I didn't want to be rude by sticking my phone in his face). I was so nervous that I stuttered " Me and My girl are big fans of yours".... that's all that I could get out.
    Now it's awkward, because I am still standing there filming his legs.

I usually never get nervous in front of celebrities and run into a lot on Studio Lots. I deleted the video because, I was too embarrassed to show anyone.