Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flow Kimono

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    How much you want for the pants?
    Ahh I wanted to sell the whole gi if I could. I honestly tried to sell the top and keep just the pants for myself but I just figured nobody would want the top by itself, so I put the whole gi up on a bjj gi trade/sell thread on fb. I have another pair of Datsusara pants that I wear so I don't mind selling these if I can sell the whole gi. The thing is super nice still, you want to snag it?! haha Check it out, I have some killer deals online that someone is going to come up on! - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9097116&type=1

Bundle deal, 2 gi's and 2 pairs of shorts - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2389272&type=1
    Last edited by Solicit; 09-02-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncrane View Post
    I love my Grips Secret Weapon 2.0 gi... The drawstring/cord stays tight. The top and bottom fit well. The design/cut on the kimono makes the top less baggy. It doesn't shrink in the dryer and has nice art on the inside.
    I'm not a fan of any kind of inner lining. I don't even like to patch my gis. Anything more than a single layer of fabric traps dirt and sweat. To me it's a little gross.

My white Flow Kimono has no patches and I wear it almost every practice. The hemp fiber wicks the sweat away from me almost instantly. I had a newbie grab ahold of my arm and say "ewww, it's all wet". I sweat right through it. The bulky cotton gis don't wick like that. You can sweat for 2 hours in an inverted panda gi and it'll be dry as a bone on the outside. All your sweat is trapped in there with you in your own little sauna.

The flow jacket pulls the sweat off me and exposes it to the air outside of the jacket. It's fucking dope.

A lot of people online say their flows are soft. I don't really experience that. If I toss it in the dryer, yeah. But hang-drying like I do it's pretty much cardboard. I don't care, my body heat softens it up by the time I've shrimped down the mat a couple times. What I like is it's ability to wick the sweat.

It's durable as fuck. It wicks the sweat. I like the cut. I have few complaints.

Jonathan, the guy who makes them, has been really cool with me.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 09-02-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I bought a Datsusara jacket on ebay that was nearly new. I don't really like it that much. I can't speak about their pants though, only got the jacket.
    I also have a Datsu A3 HCG, def like the pants but the top is a little wonky, doesn't really close properly around my manly chest. I dyed it dark brown though and it looks pretty sweet. Hoping it breaks in and softens up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Brown View Post
    I also have a Datsu A3 HCG, def like the pants but the top is a little wonky, doesn't really close properly around my manly chest. I dyed it dark brown though and it looks pretty sweet. Hoping it breaks in and softens up.
    You def need to train in it quite a bit and wash/dry it a lot to get it to break in. It takes a little while but does eventually. They are nice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    How much you want for the pants?
    Hey Brandon, I just dropped the price on these if you or anyone in here wants to come up on a deal! I am trying to get some more no gi gear so if anyone wants to snag these, let me know!

Datsusara Hemp Combat Gi (Natural White ) Size A2, and a Submission FC Light Gi (White) Size A3, both for $200. The Datsusara alone was $200+ and the Sub FC was $100+. This shouldn't last long so I figured I'd hit you guys as well, just in case anyone wants to come up on them!

Pictures - https://www.facebook.com/groups/8560...0584362302567/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12