Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf

Interactive Rubber Guard Flowchart/10P Ronins/Future 10P Düsseldorf

(if you're too lazy to read: rubberguardflowchart.neocities.org beta version)

Hello everyone,
    first I want to introduce Jonas Schäfer and me:
    My name is Anton Krischer, I'm 22 years old and part of the 10P community since march. For over 8 years im doing "traditional/japanese" Jiu jitsu and since ca. 3 years we have been training nogi-grappling at our academy, learning techniques from the internet and books. As my master did not have the time to teach these nogi-classes anymore, I became in charge of giving these lessons, although these classes were for free and we met to try out techniques together. So I also started to watch techniques on the internet and last december i discovered Eddie and the 10thPlanet. In the future i want to represent the 10thPlanet system here in Düsseldorf, Germany and become a Moon.
    Feel free to check out the website of the academy we train at:
    http://www.kaminari.de/

One of my students/partners is Jonas Schäfer. He is currently brownbelt in JJJ and also very interested in the 10thPlanet system. When we started to practice 10P techs he showed me a rubberguard flowchart he found on the internet:

https://www.gliffy.com/publish/4297117/

Then we noticed that some techniques were missing and we came up the idea to make a new flow chart which is more complete. We started to collect missing techniques and Jonas searched for tools to create a flowchart.
    Today he came up with a beta version of a flowchart which is not just a picture, but also provides you with little explanations for every technique and forwards you to a Youtube-Video where it is explained.

As we both are no rubber guard-gurus, we would like to ask for your help to complete this project. We will provide a Google doc, so If you find some wrong connections or names, spelling mistakes, missing techniques or those which are no longer used, just write it down in the doc, Jonas will try to keep it up to date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=0

Now see by yourself what he has created
    Last edited by Anton Krischer; 07-21-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari (Düsseldorf)
    Hey,
    my name is Jonas (what a surprise) and I am 18 years old. As Anton already said I've been doing traditional Jiu Jitsu for some time as well and took part in the nogi classes at our school for most of the time they were available, too.

I picked up 10pjj about 2 months ago and one thing that really helped me learn (and remember) the basics of the rubber guard was the visualization provided by the flow chart already posted.
    But after devoting quite some time to looking up new stuff on YouTube/MTS Anton and I noticed that quite a lot of techniques were missing in said flow chart.
    So we decided to make a new one which's current progress can be seen here:

http://rubberguardflowchart.neocities.org

The stuff that's dashed I'm unsure of whether it is correct or not, the rest should be self-explanatory.
    As I am still pretty new to the system any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by Jonas Schäfer; 07-22-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    That's some work lol. Nice one

Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate
    Man these are impressive, thank you! Not familiar with some of what's there too so will have to look into it.

This is really cool, great job. I love the fact that there are also links to videos, very helpful.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Good stuff! I can't seem to access the Google doc though.

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf
    Thank you guys, we appreciate your support and hope to get some help from all the RG geniuses.
    @logan: yeah i noticed it too, we will fix that

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    Good stuff! I can't seem to access the Google doc though.
    This one should be working properly, seems like the link got messed up during formatting or something.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, glad you like it so far.
    Last edited by Jonas Schäfer; 07-20-2016 at 07:29 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Can you make a jpg of the flow chart and post it on here?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    New update is live, added a few more transitions and submissions but mainly descriptions and links.
    Again it would be greatly appreciated for someone far more knowledgeable than me to look over the thing, not only the constellation but also the descriptions.
    Especially the whole brackish waters, dead orchard, dead orchard with hand on the mat (I didn't find a name for it on the webs, I'd suggest giving it an own name, please take a look at the bottom of the google doc) and muddy waters situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Can you make a jpg of the flow chart and post it on here?
    Sure, though it is still a bit from being completed and might contain some errors.

I'll link the png from the website, it should automatically update here whenever I change it over there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast