Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney

Rampage was offered Shogun fight first. Turned it down...

wow!

http://mmaweekly.com/maurcio-shogun-...turned-it-down

only thing I can think of is Rampage couldn't get ready in 6 weeks. This makes since as he was not planning to fight until May 28....rampage walks around at 230ish so getting down to 205 in 6 weeks would be pretty brutal. He hasn't even started camp for his May 28th fight

I read an interview on my phone from mma-junkie saying how Rampage basically said he couldnt make the weight in six weeks time, as he was massive right now, not in "fight-shape"... so I get it. He said something about having to lose 60 pounds ( I think) in that time would be hard, not to mention it would have to be his main area of focus, and not preparing to fight Shogun as it should be. So I dunno, but either way, seems like a smart move if you cant make the weight, right? Or maybe James O'Brien is on to something with this whole thing being a set up...

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Rampage said after rashaad fight that he would NEVER make the same mistake of ballooning up to 300 friggin pounds between fights and he lost the fight because of that and now because of his interest in twinkies he can't get a title shot. He loves to scream at the camera with a little girls voice saying " I want my belt back", It is true he is becoming a great actor for sure...

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    well he said he would never baloon up to 250 again. Remember He walks around at 230....bones walks around at 220. Rampage's fight is in may so he hadn't even started camp yet. I think no one not in camp could drop 30lbs and train for a fight in 6 weeks. It would be one thing if he already was in camp, then all he would have to do is cut.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    just read his interview...he's 250 now...but it doesn't matter...a fighter not in camp taking a fight with 6 weeks notice is just bannanas...