Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Checkmat Vancouver/ Openmat Toronto

What happened to 10th Planet Vancouver? C'MON EDDIE.

Officially my first post!

I did a quick search, but nothing recent or helpful came up.

But like the title says, What happened to 10th Planet Vancouver???

I was stoked when I first saw the ad, having just begun training jiujitsu, I was pumped to train at a 10th planet location and learn Eddie's system, because of its usefulness in MMA.

However when I found out the location, it got turned off. I don't remember the exact location, But I do remember it was on the shittier part of town, only a couple blocks away from Vancouver's Hastings area. The place where most of the crackheads and junkies hang, casually tripping out with needles dropping out of there pockets as they search through the garbage infested sidewalks looking for half smoked buts.

I didn't end up checking out the place, and thought it would just remain there.

But yesterday, after watching several sumbission 101 videos on youtube. I decided to check up on 10thplanetVAN. And to my surprise it no longer exists! I did a little research but nothing really came up.

I figured that it closed down because business wasn't so good.

But there is a HUGE 10th planet following here in Van, and I think with a better location (maybe somwhere on Cambie st?) It would really flourish.

Anyways, I was just curious as to what happened to it. And would love to see it reopened! ESPECIALLY since Vancouver is known for its killer chronic.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Don't know what happened to it, but there is a lower mainland branch in the works

I myself, after having friends who have trained for years, was looking into 10th planet vancouver a couple of years ago. Seems like they had a couple locations at least. First was the eastside one, in what would be the seedier area of town. This is not a bad thing though, as far as city slums go, vancouver has one of the safest in my experience. People there are in pain, not looking to hurt others, and perhaps bjj would help?

Then there was a location in Richmond (adjacent city in metro area) which was attached to a lager fitness facility. This seemed like a good idea, and I was trying to contact them when their website advertised this as their location.

Then it seemed they moved again. I was able to make contact with the person running it only once after numerous attempts.

My diagnosis: A fighter was running the gym. Running a business and fighting require VERY different skill sets. And it seems the business suffered as a result. Very unfortunate.

As an entrepreneur here in this area, I offered my help, but was not sure if my offer was heard.

Hopefully the 10th planet's orbit will bring it near once again. Until then, I wait...

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    10th Planet Van is currently in hiatus. It was a simple case of too many cheifs at one school. There were different business philosophies clashing so there was a split and the location was forced to close temporarily.

The new 10th Planet Van will be up within a year maybe even 6 months or sooner and will be run by 10th Planet purple belt Nabil Salameh who was one of the instructors at the original 10th Planet Van location.

Thank you for your patience and dedication
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Hey Eddie, sorry not to constantly add to the questions and bust your balls and all, but i've been searching for this and looking all over for the longest time, so do you know roughly where it'll be? and is it happening for sure? because i want to train 10th planet really badly and learn the rubber guard.

Like Eddie said it'll be there within a year. So that's a yes to your question, Jeremy

Thanks a lot Matthias, and thanks a lot Eddie for making the 10th planet vancouver happen, i know it's a lot of effort and i'm sure everyone who will be joining greatly appreciates it

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is any update or timeline on this? Recently saw Eddie post "very soon" on twitter. Haven't trained for 6 months since moving to Vancouver from Montreal and my new years resolution is to GET BACK. Shopping around for no-gi BJJ in Vancouver and 10th would definitely be my first choice.

Thanks and cheers

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    10th Planet Vancouver will be open April 1 and will be run by brown belt Nabil Salameh
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Nice!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast