School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    When did Bones vs Machida happen? :P
    lol...uh shogun...lol...

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    but folks are right...I think this fight will be far more competitive than anyone is betting. I think that Rashad is hyping up the fight...through all of his smack he stopped and said that it was shitty of the UFC to take Jon's moment from him by having him go into the ring and announce the fight. I think it's showmanship and I think that Rashad decided to be the bigger man and leave Jackson's as SOMEONE was going to have to go.

However, I see this like Nick Diaz said. They really aren't teammates in the purest since. Nick, Nate and Jake Shields at graciefighter are teammates. They're all the same age and they really do train with each other all of the time. Rashad and Bones don't even train at the same location. I mean Jardine and Rashad Do but Bones trains primarily at the other one. I think Evans flew in to spar with jones for the bader fight but I don't think it is really the same thing as the graciefighters.

I mean those guys show up to support their boys even on their first pro fights. I read about some guy who went to his first fight and Nate, Nick and Jake and Cesar were all there for dudes first fight. Not saying other crews don't do that...but that's still pretty dang impressive.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    but folks are right...I think this fight will be far more competitive than anyone is betting. I think that Rashad is hyping up the fight...through all of his smack he stopped and said that it was shitty of the UFC to take Jon's moment from him by having him go into the ring and announce the fight. I think it's showmanship and I think that Rashad decided to be the bigger man and leave Jackson's as SOMEONE was going to have to go.

However, I see this like Nick Diaz said. They really aren't teammates in the purest since. Nick, Nate and Jake Shields at graciefighter are teammates. They're all the same age and they really do train with each other all of the time. Rashad and Bones don't even train at the same location. I mean Jardine and Rashad Do but Bones trains primarily at the other one. I think Evans flew in to spar with jones for the bader fight but I don't think it is really the same thing as the graciefighters.

I mean those guys show up to support their boys even on their first pro fights. I read about some guy who went to his first fight and Nate, Nick and Jake and Cesar were all there for dudes first fight. Not saying other crews don't do that...but that's still pretty dang impressive.
    I didn't read this but. I am sure it has to do with black man anger.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    lol

truth be told they didn't train together THAT much...Jones sparred with Evans to get ready for Bader but they actually train at 2 totally different sites. Evans is so week on his standup, I just really don't see him avoiding the elbow rape. Evans also has an extremely suspect chin...we will not get into the fact that he hasn't fought in a year and by the time they fight it would have been a year and a half.

I dont care for Rashad, but his chin is a long ways from suspect. The guy took some big shots from HW's, has been hit flush alot, and only went out once, and it was by a guy who can put anyone's lights out with a clean shot. His chin is no more suspect than Jones (who has an alarming tendecy to "Lesnar" when punches are coming towards his face, he is tall enough for his weight class that it doesnt matter........yet.......when he turns his back to pressure) since I know Rashad can take a good shot and recover, I dont know this about Jones.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    I dont care for Rashad, but his chin is a long ways from suspect. The guy took some big shots from HW's, has been hit flush alot, and only went out once, and it was by a guy who can put anyone's lights out with a clean shot. His chin is no more suspect than Jones (who has an alarming tendecy to "Lesnar" when punches are coming towards his face, he is tall enough for his weight class that it doesnt matter........yet.......when he turns his back to pressure) since I know Rashad can take a good shot and recover, I dont know this about Jones.
    that's the freaky thing about jones being the champ...we just don't know how good he is or what his weakness is...we're grasping at straws. As far as Rashad...I call his chin suspect as his own behavior dictates. After getting destroyed by machida on his feet he has been totally reluctant to stand and bang. Now, I'm basing that on his fight with rampage and I am a rampage mark so I may be seeing what I want to instead of what happened.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    Mine, Rashad's, Jons or Renato's?

that's the freaky thing about jones being the champ...we just don't know how good he is or what his weakness is...we're grasping at straws. As far as Rashad...I call his chin suspect as his own behavior dictates. After getting destroyed by machida on his feet he has been totally reluctant to stand and bang. Now, I'm basing that on his fight with rampage and I am a rampage mark so I may be seeing what I want to instead of what happened.
    So, being reluctant to stand and bang with a guy who hits the hardest in the division, and is known to have one of the worst bottom grappling games means he had a suspect chin? Rampage hits so hard, everyone he connects with is "suspect".

Array

School
    NA
    Mine, Rashad's, Jons or Renato's?
    he is no black. Renato is a Brazil guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12