Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland

stretching for the lotus

Ill make this my introduction too,

My name is Kent, always been a fan of MMA, never did much other than karate when i was a kid, 31 now and lazy as fuk ! Just met up with Salami at 10th planet Portland, did some artwork for them and am starting training really soon so im looking forward to that. Looking forward to Eddie coming here next month too!

Ive been watching alot of youtube and im setting a goal to be able to pull off the lotus within the next few months. I've got a few of the basic stretches down, so ill post my progress as i go.

How many of you can do the lotus ? how often and how long do you all stretch ? Im nowhere near reaching the lotus yet, my knees are about 4-6" off the floor.I have been at it for the last week strait every night for about an hour.

Ill post my progress and see how far i get with it

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    in "Mastering the Rubber Guard" (and maybe eddie's other books, i don't have them) there's a photo-illustrated guide to eddie's stretching routine. if you're stretching every night for an hour and following a good gameplan like the one the book lays out, i don't know the time frame, but i do know that you will reach your goal and reach it sooner than most.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I dont have the books yet, ill be buying that one soon tho. I did find it on amazon and you can preview so many pages online, so i read thru the stretching section already. That and there are some youtube videos specificly for jj stretching that i watch

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    my son is the lotus master here he is with sean at 10 planet riverside...

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Cool, have u always been flexable ? Seems like i feel stiff as hell, but by the end of that hour i do have more flexabilitythen its all tight again the next day...i try to get my son involved but he looses interest real quick

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Ah , thats not u....doh!

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    i am not flexible, but i can force my feet into the lotus.

my son can stand on his head and lace the lotus without using his hands.

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    It's normal to feel tight the next day if you stretched really hard the day before because hard stretching causes small tears in your muscles. If you feel tight try to warm up before stretching, and don't take time off from stretching just because your muscles are sore. If you do this your flexibility should improve fairly quickly.

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene / Northwest Training Center
    i can do the lotus without hands as well=D!! Ill be seeing you at the seminar..i train at 10thplanet eugene.

Array

School
    NeverTap Fitness
    The lotus has always been very difficult for me to get, I finally did get to it and I had to have surgery. Looks like I am back to the beginning haha. What I would do is warm up by running or hitting the bag then stretching then work out and stretch again. That seems to get the best results for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast