Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

Pedro Sauer black belt blogs about 10th Planet

From The Ground Up.
    A Blog on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by Pedro Sauer Black Belt Keith Owen. BJJMOVES.COM

MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2011

10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu

I want to say for the record that I am an unapologetic Gracie jiu-Jitsu Gi practitioner. I love the gi and will never abandon it. I know that many of you hate the very mention of the words “10th Planet” and the name “Eddie Bravo.” My personal goal in Jiu-Jitsu is to get better technique and I will study Judo, Wrestling, Sambo and yes, even the dreaded 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu in order to do it. I am unapologetic of this as well.

When I think of Eddie Bravo I think of a quote from Fredrick Nietzche, “Every Profound Spirit Needs a Mask.” Eddie Bravo’s mask is that of the Rock and Roll Messiah that has come to free us from the confines of the gi. I personally think of him as someone who has helped me to explore my gi game better.

Eddie Bravo hasn’t done himself any favors by alienating the gi practitioners in our sport but if you get past the rhetoric and the moves that require great flexibility you can find a lot of gems that will make your game better, especially since it appears to me that gi pants make a very positive impact on getting friction for many moves. Perfect for gi Jiu-Jitsu!

I am not a big fan of Eddie Bravo as a “Jiu-Jitsu Messiah.” but I am a fan of him as a very solid Jiu-Jitsu practitioner and innovator. If you ignore 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu then you are doing a disservice to yourself. So just grab one of his books and a flashlight, go hide in your closet and read it. You don’t even have to tell anyone.

Sign up for the BJJ tip of the week by putting in your email at bjjmoves.com or friend me on facebook at facebook.com/keithrowen
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

"solid"

I think it's a great compliment in itself being mentioned by Pedro Sauer, who is a solid Jiu Jitsu practitioner in itself. He's basically telling people you gotta buy your books and look into 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu. And to all the doubters who think 10th Planet is only Rubber Guard and Twister, that statement is just great. I know you didn't post this article because of your ego, but isn't it nice to read those words?

I'm proud of my sensei and ever will be regardless what others say.

"So just grab one of his books and a flashlight, go hide in your closet and read it. You don’t even have to tell anyone."

Hilarious XD

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    I think I might have to repost that on my web site

Array

School
    Ronin
    For those who don't know kieth Owen is Ari Boldens gi coach and there is a video on sub 101 with him making similar statements to these. I would find the video and post it but I'm confined to my iPhone right now.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

ttt!

K Madden

This makes me proud

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Mr. Owen is the man isn't he? His energy and vibe when instructing is so calm and infused with humor.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    ttt - definitely a truism.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast