Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    also chris did you dislocate your hip from judo? that sounds nasty
    Nope wasn't Judo. I apparently have some cronic degenration of the hip which led to the the injury itself. About 5 years ago one of my heavy weights tried a spastic rolling movement in attempts to pass my scissor guard, he didn't pass be he did suceed in scissoring my legs across each other tearig my groin and dislocating my hip. I've also develop snapping hip syndrome where the psoas tendon snaps across the femur head as my hip slips, this happens frequently while rolling and sleeping. Its gone down dramaticly since I started going to the chiro.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie vasquez View Post
    When u corner a helpless beast u better prepared to be attacked by one
    Dude I don't know wtf you're talking about.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 12-30-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Eddie vasquez...I mean: lonely guy 431= troll...No that's not it. Um,Yeah, Fuck face sounds better! So, Fuck face, be gone, go to the UG or Sherdog. Where they miss you!!!

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Nope wasn't Judo. I apparently have some cronic degenration of the hip which led to the the injury itself. About 5 years ago one of my heavy weights tried a spastic rolling movement in attempts to pass my scissor guard, he didn't pass be he did suceed in scissoring my legs across each other tearig my groin and dislocating my hip. I've also develop snapping hip syndrome where the psoas tendon snaps across the femur head as my hip slips, this happens frequently while rolling and sleeping. Its gone down dramaticly since I started going to the chiro.
    eesh. sometimes my fascia bothers me but i cant imagine that. hope it gets better.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    eesh. sometimes my fascia bothers me but i cant imagine that. hope it gets better.
    Unfortunately its not going to, hence why I do all this for maintenance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thanks Jack I didn't realize he had changed his name, hes a little butt hurt because I gave him a forum etiquette discussion a week ago.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 12-30-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    is it possible to fix that through hip surgery?

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    For myself, I wouldn't change a thing. I have no regrets, just experiences, the path I've taken to better my understanding of human physiology & kinesiology is a result of of the training and injuries I've accrued over the years. Most due to football coaches whose only concern were winning, and under educated martial arts instructors ignorant to modern coaching and training methodologies.
    However I educated myself on those things and continue to do so for my students and fighters. I don't want them to go through what I did, and now they don't have to.

So how can you help yourself? Buyer beware. Research your coach/instructor as you would a house or car before you buy it. Its your body and you want someone to guide you along this journey that has the same amount of respect for your health as you do.

*I came from a traditional martial arts background*, the truth is most are fucking horrible for your body. Why? Because most "instructors" only know their martial art, they are not students of the human body. They don't evolve as does our knowledge of the human body. Even with confronted with the evidence they continue to teach it the way they were taught regardless of the consequences to their students. I'm sure I'll hear, "well at my school we evolve and change things", maybe so, but that’s not the norm. Most Martial Arts instructors are not Doctors , physical therapists, etc. Hell most of the ones I've trained with were mechanics, cooks, shop teachers, etc., they just didn't have the knowledge or desire to educate themselves further, as a result the wear and tear adds up.

Some things that can help your longevity:
    1) Listen to your body, if you have something that hurts, address it, rest and rehab it.
    2) Become a student of your body and mind, its all part of the Jiu Jitsu journey, its not just technique and rolling!
    3) Ask questions! If the answer you get doesn't satisfy your concerns, keeping asking until it does, or until you realize they don't know the answer.
    4) Ask yourself this, Is your coach/instructor as concerned with your safety as much or more so than you are?
    Thanks Chris good answer.

Me personally dont have to worry about being in good hands re my instructor as its Mick Broster and he is, imo, the best around.

Hopefully in the future I wont need the sort of rehab and injury prevention measures that you do now. Seems like I have been blessed with the instuctors I have trained under in my short time doing grappling and MMA. I suppose if your first instructor is good then you will be able to spot the not-so-good ones later on down the line; whereas if your unlucky and your first instructor is terrible then it can damage you greatly. We see this all the time at Elements, which is why we find workin with first timers a pleasure; they are a blank canvas especially the younger ones.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    I get adjusted once per week for the last 4 yrs. Saved my Martial arts career definitely.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345