Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood

Evans On Jones: I Don't Need Weak, Fake Friends dayyuummm oh no u di' int

Rashad Evans continues to talk about his feelings towards his former trainer partner Jon Jones as he was a guest on Pro MMA Radio this week and discussed his departure from Greg Jackson's Camp in New Mexico and his upcoming shot at Jones and the UFC Light Heavyweight title:

"I told Greg (Jackson) no (about Jon Jones joining Jackson's MMA) and Greg went to Phil Nurse and talked to him about it and tried to convince Phil to convince me to let him on the team. (Greg told Chris Luttrell he wanted) Jones because he's the wave of the future."

"I didn't want (Jones) on the team and I didn't feel comfortable with him on the team. Greg was really hard-headed about it. Greg said we'd never fight and we were brothers. I trusted Greg with my life so I finally said 'to hell with it.'"

"I don't want people to feel sorry for me. It wasn't about him being on the team. What's done is done. The thing that upsets me about Jon is how he threw me under the bus because he said he'd fight me after all that time we said we wouldn't fight each other. It was a snake move and I don't like snake moves. Be a man."

"(Jon Jones) gets beat in practice. He gets beat up just like anybody else, just like any other fighter. I'd never take away his talent, but when it comes to acting with integrity. It pisses me off beyond belief."

"Jon is always trying to say the right things and be perceived a certain way. Just keep it real. Now I know what time it is. Now I know that you would fight me. You must have been thinking of this for a long time. You must have been keeping score, taking notes during training for a long time."

"When you see people's true colors, what more do you need to see? I want real friends. I don't want friends who are only circumstantial. I don't need weak, fake friends."

from http://www.mmanews.com/news/89458
    and mmamania

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Rashad please shut the fuck up...really? You are in the situation you are in due to your own bad decisions. Trying to punch with machida and then waiting for shogun not wanting to risk your title shot. You probably assumed Bones would lose to machida...instead he mopped him. Now you're trying to pump yourself and everyone up to thinking that jon won't elbow rape you. How can Bones be your friend and him betray you when you didn't want him on the team in the first place.

whaaaa! whaaa! Bones took my swagger...bones is on the tonight show..that should've been me!! whaaa!

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    i dont think jones is going to lose for a LONNNNG TIME
    lol

still dying for this fight to happen

Rashad will win with wrestling, if not lyoto or forrest has the answer!!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I would love for Rashad win just to see Dana and Greg JAckson's faces simultaneously as Jones is stepping in to unconsciousness. That shot in slow motion would be priceless.

Rashad actualy stands the best chance out of anyone in the division I would say.
    He has trained with Jones so his athleticism and freaky body proportions wont be a huge surprise, he knows Jones game well. Rashad is an excellent wrestler and improves immensely every single time he fights (except his chin :P ) he is very strong even bullied Rampage, and probably one of the smartest men in mma when it comes to trash talk and game plans.

If you check out Twitter Rashad has really bugged Jones, Jones is constantly responding to Rashad fans letting them get to him.

That being said though Jones is still the favourite, should be an awesome fight!

Array

School
    Dragon Brand Martial Arts
    Vitor trained with Anderson and we saw how well that worked out.

Array

School
    TV & Internet ;)
    When did Bones vs Machida happen? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Buffington View Post
    Vitor trained with Anderson and we saw how well that worked out.
    The difference is, Anderson used to dominate Vitor in training. That was not the case here. Matter of fact, from folks at Jackson's, Jones got dropped several times by Rashad in training..........

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    truth be told they didn't train together THAT much...Jones sparred with Evans to get ready for Bader but they actually train at 2 totally different sites. Evans is so week on his standup, I just really don't see him avoiding the elbow rape. Evans also has an extremely suspect chin...we will not get into the fact that he hasn't fought in a year and by the time they fight it would have been a year and a half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast