Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    You ever get those guys that stay crazy but pick up a couple moves here and there, those guys are scary.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    You ever get those guys that stay crazy but pick up a couple moves here and there, those guys are scary.
    No, we run them off by writing articles about them on the internet Kidding… Yeah I trained in a gym that was full of them for a while. I have injury’s to prove it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    No, we run them off by writing articles about them on the internet Kidding… Yeah I trained in a gym that was full of them for a while. I have injury’s to prove it.
    You talking about HQ? jk was that when you trained with Jordan Burton?
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Not going to point out gyms over the internet, but no, this was not directed at HQ or Jorden Burton.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    Not going to point out gyms over the internet, but no, this was not directed at HQ or Jorden Burton.
    Lol, I didn't figure you would. I was really kidding bout HQ I remember you talking about having busted up ribs down there. Mr. Burton is a cool dude, it was so random to meet him at worlds and find out he knows you!
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Grimsby UK
    Hey guys
    I rolled with a complete newb last week, We were doing guard passing drills.I started on my arse and he started standing,his aim to pass,mine to sweep and switch it around.
    This dude was hilarious he was like a bull str8 at me, he got swept and again...he started slapping the matts in frustration and shouting everytime he lost....he even started jabbing in the ribs and cheap elbow shots needles to say i stepped my game up and added a few more firmer sweeps lol His ego was huge and he hated loosing,he told me he would beat me by the end of the night,so I started letting him choose postion. After 20 or so losses he gave up and I sat down with him and went through a few gym rules and explained the basics and 4 him to loose his ego.
    He's been twice since the 1st night and is like a changed guy, no one likes loosing but just dont be a cock about it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    This is why I make everyone wait a few weeks before rolling, I introduce them to minute situation drills first (their 2nd class) and make them watch some rolling before I allow them to roll.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Quickenden View Post
    he started slapping the matts in frustration and shouting everytime he lost....he even started jabbing in the ribs and cheap elbow shots
    Wait, are you saying we shouldn't be biting, eye gouging, kneeing to the groin *while passing guard,* hair pulling, ear pinching, while rolling?! LoL, idk why people get all crazy when they're just training. No lie, I've had someone pinch my ear on purpose and hold the pinch to get out of a sub attempt. He said something about pain compliance, which would make a little more sense in a street fight I guess, but we were just having a friendly roll on the mats. I didn't roll with him again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    i don't think this guy is a douchebag as all of you may be thinking....just completely out of his element. The ego gets in the way initially and wanting to strike is natural for people who have gone their whole lives without getting dominated. slamming the chick was a dick move... maybe make it clear that's not acceptable next time? i think people like this NEED jiu jitsu....100%. also, how was he striking your knee?? was he physically punching it? and did he only come for a free class or something?
    If you would have seen the rolls.. You would think differently. Its pathetic how far he has deviated from the truth..

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Haha... that's insane.

Yeah, I learned the hard way by getting slammed by noobs and wrist jacked by a TKD black belt. Now, if I get babysitting duty I just slap double overhooks in guard, or crackhead control and drain them till they're retarded. As soon as they stack I wrangle the leg and crumble them up.

I used to think that grappling noobs was about taking it easy and refining my weaker techniques. Fuck that. That's how I got injured. Now, grappling with noobs is a process of defanging and grinding them down while working on control rather than just insta grabbing submissions. Since thin I've garnered much more respect and I've stayed uninjured.
    This is actually not bad advice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast