Array

School
    self-taught/none

Rubber Guard technique: Invisible collar to modified triangle choke

Iv'e been using a technique I just started doing with some success lately, and was curious to see if it is wholly original or if someone else has been doing it for some time. It isn't complicated by any means, but I haven't seen it on any other sites, so maybe someone here can help clarify things for me. Assuming you've gotten to the "invisible collar" position, with the left arm being the one that's trapped. Instead of crossing the feet as one would normally do, and squeezing the legs and driving the arm into the neck; you slide your right leg over your left foot creating a figure-four position. From there you just leg curl, while driving the hips up, and squeezing your legs inwards. This causes your arm to be driven in as in the normal invisible collar technique, BUT, iv'e found this way to be extremely easy to do from already being at the standard invisible collar, and it makes everything much tighter, causing more pain and less blood flow to the brain. Overall, it makes everything much tighter, and more painful in my limited experience. Let me know what you guys think (especially if someone else has been doing this for some time).

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    yeah i use this all the time. a lot of times i even hit it from new york. i have used it in comp and have video of it. usually finish with an armbar. and i think there is a vid on youtube of a guy doin the same thing and he calls it the baby alligator.

Array

School
    10th Planet Poplar Bluff.
    Yes you do Nathan, You use it very well!
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    yeah i use this all the time. a lot of times i even hit it from new york. i have used it in comp and have video of it. usually finish with an armbar. and i think there is a vid on youtube of a guy doin the same thing and he calls it the baby alligator.

Array

School
    self-taught/none
    Alright nice, i'll check it out, thanks

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Extremely easy? On a live resisting opponent?

Its a deathzone if you get there cause he's fucked, but it takes a sick squeeze and setup to get it live.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    they've been doin that for 7 million years in brazil

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate
    they've been doin that for 7 million years in brazil
    Lol
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site