Array

School
    GGBJJ

Goodbye Beginner Division

Today I competed in the NYS Hayastan Grappling Challenge & it was awesome to see so many 10P Rochester competitors this year! I took 1st place in the 190lb 30+ beginner division. Based on my track record I think that it's time to move up to the intermediate division. I've competed in 3 tournaments (4 separate divisions) & have gotten 2 2nd place & now 2 1st place medals..

The matches are pretty short but critiques are always welcome! Oh & I know that I crossed my feet while I had back control - I'm going to have to avoid those stupid mistakes if I'm going to have any chance with the intermediates.

Here's video 1:

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Here's my 2nd match:

Array

School
    Stallion Gym / Arte Suave Stuttgart
    Good sprawls. Solid finishes. Also did you cross your feet in the backmount? If so, you should be careful not to do that anymore or a fight might end very quickly.

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Max P. View Post
    Good sprawls. Solid finishes. Also did you cross your feet in the backmount? If so, you should be careful not to do that anymore or a fight might end very quickly.
    Yeah, I know better - I didn't even realize I did it until I watched the video. I'm lucky my opponent didn't take advantage of it this time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Really nice matches Mike! You definitely showed control 100% of the time in both matches.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Very much improved man!! Great job. Looking forward to training with you again.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Good job man! short matches.

Array

School
    10WO
    Looking good mike!