Array

School
    Ruffhouse MMA Odessa, TX

Getting frustrated with my grappling coach

Yesterday when I was grappling at my gym my coach thought I was trying to submit somebody with the rubber guard all I was doing trying to practice the technique. He told me know submissions because we were just going through transitions and rolling without trying to submit are partner. I immediately stopped and I was like I was just trying to control his posture. I do very well when we do no gi grappling but, I get kind shy about practicing the techniques that I have seen from the 10 th planet but, like a good student I didn't say anything. I guess I will continue to practice them at home and hopefully I can get off to out to Head Quaters this summer. I need to work on the technique allot but, I do every day so hopefully it will get better.

Alex Smith

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    If you dont know how to sweep someone from rubbery guard or he doesn't know you can sweep someone from rubbery guard then probably just wanted you to improve your position with a known sweep rather than hold him to you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    A lot of people hate on the rubber guard cause they are ignorant to it. Just keep putting in the reps!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Word... have faith in the system

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    He's gotta compromise or i'd find a new gym. He will hold you back. You dont have time for that.