Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

10th Planet prodigy Marc "Red" DeGroot wins in MMA bout this weekend!

Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    RMNU
    man thats tight! Congrats!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Winner winner chicken dinner!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Congrats Marc. Awesome victory!! Did it go pop?

Array

School
    hard locks
    10th planet blowin up. Yeah baby

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Nice! Congrats!
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Jean Marc's fight was incredible. Here is a write up from one of the MMA news sites:

“The Flying Tomato” Jean Marc had the arena on it’s feet. He’s a hot prospect for sure! I’ve seen this guy in grappling tourneys (once broke a guys arm with a flying arm bar) I’ve seen him at kickboxing tourneys (slugging with much bigger dudes) and tonight I saw him at mma for the first time. He had the crowd the second he walked in and kept them cheering throught the fight. His transition into this armbar was sweet, I’m sure the fight will be on youtube soon and everyone should take a look at this kid because he’ll be a crazy 125er in the future!"

I am working on getting you guys the video. Stand by. It was an incredible win which included a picture perfect PLAN B!
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    http://www.brazilianjiujitsugear.com...463#post111463

The flying tomato was at it again yesterday and fought at a catch weight bout at 130lbs. Jean Marc De Groot, often called "Red" by his coach Ari Bolden, is a scrappy yet super technical jiu jitsu fighter out of Victoria BC Canada. "Red" fights out of Fierce Studio (home of Submissions 101.com) and he is the youngest purple belt under the 10th planet Jiu Jitsu system created by Eddie Bravo.

At just 19 years of age, De Groot has racked up dozens of gold medal matches in grappling and started his MMA journey at just 17 years of age. At AFC 7 last night, Red did not disappoint.

His opponent, James Pratt, was a well build kid with tons of power. Pratt actually weighed in at 134 lbs (4 pounds over the limit) but since this was an amateur bout, there were no penalties.

"It wouldn't have mattered if he was 150lbs" Jean Marc said "I'm used to fighing guys bigger than me. That is why jiu jitsu is so awesome."

Round one had a back forth battle on the feet, with Jean Marc getting the better of the exchanges. One women yelled "he can strike too?!!" The crowd was on their feet right from the get go. A definite crowd favorite. When Round 2 hit, Red and Pratt hit the ground. The stronger Pratt landed on top of De Groot but wasn't there long as Red used a sweep called the PLAN B from the 10th Planet handbook. The fight continued and De Groot locked his legs around Pratt's head and arm and then transitioned to an arm lock. Pratt fell over and Jean Marc had one of the most deeply sunk arm bars I have ever seen. Pratt's arm bent and almost broke and the referee stepped in to stop the bout at 50 sec of round 2.

It is crazy how fast this kid thinks and how gifted he is. I can't help but compare him to another fighter nick named "the Prodigy". Mr BJ Penn himself.

Look out for this Submissions 101/ 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu prodigy. He has miles of talent that will indeed bring him far.
    ---------------------
    Owner of Submissions 101

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    You're repping the family well Mr. Flying Tomato. Keep on killin em Marc!!!!!!!!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Remember his name Jean-Marc(first) DeGroot (last) ;-)
    ---------------------
    Owner of Submissions 101

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast