Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

Tournement tommorow! Need tips!

Me and a few guys from 10th planet hartford are going to a tournement in CT tomorrow and they dont have kids or teen divisions so im going to have to go up against adults. Im at 170 right now and I dont want to get man handled. Does anyone have any tips on going up against someone who is bigger and stronger then you? (I just turned 15 on the 20th) Thanks in advance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Listen to your Coaches!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

dont get stuck looking for that one "go to" move. remember to look for options, open doors you can walk into. And calmly count to 10 before you abort. my 2c

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
    Relax and have fun

Array

School
    SIMS / 10th Planet Omaha
    Stop worrying about being man-handled. That will make you tenative, and against a larger opponent, your best equalizer will be aggression. So go get your positions and submission attempts. Don't wait.
    You are in a unique position where anything you do in that division will be a huge victory. Even if you don't win.
    Just worry about yourself and what you do, I have psyched myself out many times by focusing on who my oponent is and not on what I do best.

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Don't react to them. Play your game. Forget about them being older, bigger or stronger. Try to go after it like you are rolling with a fat little 10 year old kid that has never competed before. Have fun, remember to find victory even in a loss. If you find yourself with a hulk that just is to strong and you know your in big trouble, change your game. Try not to be tapped, use the time to work on your defense. Going to the bell with a beast sometimes is as good as a win. Remember your just going to keep getting bigger and stronger.... they arn't. Go to war brother. Thats all I got

I'm competeing tomorrow myself. Doing teen and mens gi and no gi. We only live once bro. Come back with your shield ..... or on it. WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!! I know your going crush some tough guys ego.lol.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner MACHINE Gibbons View Post
    Don't react to them. Play your game. Forget about them being older, bigger or stronger. Try to go after it like you are rolling with a fat little 10 year old kid that has never competed before. Have fun, remember to find victory even in a loss. If you find yourself with a hulk that just is to strong and you know your in big trouble, change your game. Try not to be tapped, use the time to work on your defense. Going to the bell with a beast sometimes is as good as a win. Remember your just going to keep getting bigger and stronger.... they arn't. Go to war brother. Thats all I got

I'm competeing tomorrow myself. Doing teen and mens gi and no gi. We only live once bro. Come back with your shield ..... or on it. WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!! I know your going crush some tough guys ego.lol.
    Thanks man! Ill tell you how it goes... What tourney are you going to?? Good luck!!

Array

School
    WOW ..... Matt and I were writting at the same time. We pretty much said the same thing. So there you have it Emir, two great minds can't be wrong.lol.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    Emir heading to Rochester, right here in New York. Only a little over 2 hours away. I'm a little beat up from my Lacrosse game yesterday and Muay Thai class tonight, but I'll let you know how I do.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ill be at the same tournament in NY tomorrow!!! Time to Rep the 10th in the best way possible... DOMINATING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast