Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBranom View Post
    Chael can definatly take Andy down. He can take anybody down. Can he pass his guard tho.? Can he survive on the feet?
    I think he could haven passed his guard numerous time the first fight but I think he was content with GNP from guard or half guard. I dont think I saw him try to pass once
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    I think Chael looked better than he really is against AS on the ground. I think AS rib injury was legit & do not see a repeat of Chael's steroid fueled top game dominance.

Don't get me wrong - Chael has a great top game. I just think AS is better off his back than he showed & Chael's game was better than usual due to the cheating & all.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    IMO, you're only as good as your last 3 fights. Chael looked good against AS until he lost. He looked super dangerous against Stann. But he looked pretty bad against Bisping. I think a healthy AS is going to beat Chael pretty handily.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    CS is a decorated wrestler and when wrestlers start learning Jiu Jitsu there top game develops really good because thats where there used to being. As for Vinny sayin he would get the sub is like any coach as he believes in his student, no disrespect to Master Magalhaes im a big fan but im sure he wouldnt go on a radio show sayin how hes been working with him but he wont get the su. Hes promoting the fight in true CS style.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    In a sub grappling match, I believe Vinny. In MMA, I believe Vinny in that Chael has a chance. But I think that chance is slim.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Sure, Sonnen could submit Silva. Just like Matt Serra could K.O GSP.
    wait...

Actually, Silva set up the triangle after he stunned and hurt chael with a strike from the bottom, Chael was defending well up until that strike, caught him clean before the triangle if I remember correctly

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nuusolia View Post
    Man i really like vinny a lot but your telling me that Sonnen a true white belt maybe blue can tap out Sliva a true Black belt ehh i dunn...Sonnen would be in deep water if he tries to get into a jiu jitsu Chess MAtch with Sliva stick to what works ground and pound

Remember Kevin Burns vs Roan Carneiro. Kevin was a blue belt and submitted Roan. This is MMA, not just jits.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    As far as his stupid trolling goes in interviews, it's just him trying to secure the fight as best as he can.
    But he's gone over the line several times when bringing Anderson's family into it, and in general being a racist douche bag.

I hope he gets fed knees till he taps from it.

Did anyone else see the interview where he said he didn't know tapping out lost you the fight?
    Now THAT is good trolling.

Of course he knows that's not true, since his other submission losses were all before the final round of those fights.

But that's still funny, probably one of his better trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nuusolia View Post
    Man i really like vinny a lot but your telling me that Sonnen a true white belt maybe blue can tap out Sliva a true Black belt ehh i dunn...Sonnen would be in deep water if he tries to get into a jiu jitsu Chess MAtch with Sliva stick to what works ground and pound
    I disagree man. remember how matt hughes dominated royce gracie on the ground? royce is as black as a black belt comes.hughes even cinched in that armlock from sidemount, and only needed inches of leverage for a tap. wrestlers should be respected on the ground. 2 of my intstructers, who won gold and silver at the pan ams, were both former wrestlers. and don't forget where the twister came from haha.

if I were to guess the sub chael would try and win it with, I'd say head and arm choke only because in my experience wrestlers seem to be very comfortable with that sub. it seems to come naturally to them and is very effective.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast