Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin

Side control escape?

Ok need a little help with this my rolling partner runs side control hip down on me almost exactly opposite of twister side control. So hes facing me this makes it very difficult to shrimp in and gain a half guard back. Hes very good at taking kimuras and such from here. My only usual out is going to my stomach and rolling when he goes to take my back but if i cant catch a lock down in the roll i end right back in a side control position. Any suggestions?

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Are we talking judo side control?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Personally I would try to bait him into mounting me and work escape from alcatraz right into lockdown half guard because that's my favorite escape. Probably not the best plan but that's just what I'd do haha.

Array

School
    yea i really like Alcatraz too. problem he knows this and just sits there waiting looking for arm locks i might add in hes 170 and 6'4 so very lanky i know not all people are gonna be able to hit the arm locks from here but i like to be prepared. and not sure what judo side is :/ hes got hip turned down riding hard with the leg of hip side down posting up by my head then his top leg is back if you can visualize that

He's facing you? Like Kesa Gatame or a scarf hold?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Create a frame and work for your under hook or bridge and roll to either sweep if he's high or force im to post. Then either frame or underhook. Generally you gotta get on your side and stack your shoulders(Zog) to escape side control. You can also try to catch his top leg for a twister if he's loose but it will force him to defend regardless, then frame and underhook. Set it up. Or else you will just gas trying to explode into his leverage from his underhook.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    underhook-->bump-->take the back

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Bobby's tip is very good. Also Try framing with your forearm on his face and pushing his head back to snag it with your leg, if your arm is in front. he will defend this but might open up other oppourtunities and keep him too busy to go for sub right away. If it is under his arm push on the back of his head and try and drive his face to the mat as you turn onto your side into him. You can get up to a dogfight position from here. That pushing on the back of the head is very key for me.
    here is a vid for leg/head squeez:

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    This is the head push, I actually cup my hand at the base of his skull and push but this works also. I use the leg one first ,as he mentions is this vid, to get him to lower his head, then I just keep is moving in the direction he already wants it to go, he can't stop it until it hits the floor, I can never get out the back door on bigger guys, because they whizzer, but almost always get to dogfight, and use all of Eddies dogfight stuff from there.

Array

School
    Thank you greg very helpful. Like i said most other people are not a problem but his length just seems to be hard to over come sometimes. I'm trying to prepare for NAGA next month so the more i can drill the better. Also i Frequent St.Ignace through out the summer maybe i can make it up for some training sometime this summer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast