Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago North
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    Penn is my all time favorite fighter. However, I think he should go back to 155, and change camps. Family will take it easy on you. He should go train with Greg Jackson or Mark Dellagrotthe. He needs someone that will push him.
    Couldnt agree more, I love BJ but I want him back to 155 and licking blood off his gloves again. I wonder what caliber his sparring partners are compared to other camps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    +100

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosaj View Post
    Couldnt agree more, I love BJ but I want him back to 155 and licking blood off his gloves again. I wonder what caliber his sparring partners are compared to other camps.
    Good question, man. His jitz is off the charts, he has good hands and KO power. More than anything, he needs cardio. Some wrestling would be good for him also.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosaj View Post
    This is gonna be a great return, just wait and see. I think all of BJ's fans will be very happy A big "thank you" from all of us at Team Penn for all the support guys!

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by GMathewsMMA View Post
    This is gonna be a great return, just wait and see. I think all of BJ's fans will be very happy A big "thank you" from all of us at Team Penn for all the support guys!
    I sure as hell hope that's the case! *coughmarinovichcough*

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    He needs cardio, true, and I think he is best at 155. But the one thing people forget he needs most: gameplanning. He needs a coach/team that will not only help him build a gameplan, but help him train to actually follow it. BJ is one of my all-time favorite fighters, but he is an extremely stubborn and prideful guy, and so many times (both in wins and losses) he has passed up the easy victory. Basically, someone tags him on the chin, and he refuses to do anything but box from then on. His hands are amazing, but he needs to practice transitioning from strikes to TDs, using the cage offensively (rather than just to stop TDs), and generally winning rounds on points through timing and strategy.

Turn BJ into a gamer instead of a brawler, and I think he still, at this age, has a title within a year.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by GMathewsMMA View Post
    Send him over to Crossfit 808 for some nasty conditioning and cross training and I would love to see bj repping some jiu jitsu again. I cant wait to see him back. One of my favs. I know 10p Chi North has BJ's back along with my cousins in Waianae and Makaha Im sure.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I love BJ, I wish he fought every day, however realistically he loses to dominant wrestler style guys. St Pierre, he was under Fitch for the longest time, had trouble with Hughes when Hughes was good. So I have a feeling this will go Rory's way not in any way of finish but a decision.

I also agree that Rory will send BJ back in to retirement, not because of the damage he inflicted, but because he will bore him to death out of mma.

I would love to see BJ beat him up though, especially a submission, man a submission win by BJ would be so delicious yum yum yum...

Array

School
    Gracie University
    I think too many people were dumbfounded by the Penn Diaz war.

BJ is going to remind people just why he is known as a legend in the sport.
    He knows if he wants to come back, he's going to have to send a message out, and it's not going to be pretty.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I don't think BJ ever had much trouble against Hughes... Except for for the 2nd fight after his rib popped out.
    When I first heard this fight I thought Rory might be too big, and too much, but i'm pulling for Penn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12