Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin

Cramping Prevention?

Now that summer and warmer weather is upon us I was wondering what some of your guys ways are of preventing cramping. I had a super bad episode last night and would rather not go through that again. I already drink lots of water, Stretch like a mad man, take daily vitamins to try to keep up my electrolytes. I did however just notice my multivitamin is lacking potassium. I currently am not taking any whey protein either wondering if this would also help. Any tips or advice would be great I know i cant be the only one sweating off a excessive amounts during practice.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Bananas like mad.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter
    Bananas like mad.
    And don't cut your sodium too hard. Make sure you have a little to retain some water in your muscle. Continue hydrating and take a potassium supplement whether it's in the form of fruit or pill form.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Magnesium also bro. Look it up.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Take a look a bunch of different diuretics and see if these are your routine. Coffee or a bunch of different Teas can tweak your system. As always what your losing has to be replaced or it can effect you. If I don't rehydrate from the following night you'll feel it the next day. Especially if you are training hard 6-7 days a week.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    yea i try to get my basic electrolytes back in me ie potassium,mag,sodium, etc i think yesterday may have been to much water with a lack of sodium to keep some in me as John said. I dont drink pop or coffee so caffeine isnt a huge issue. The gym i work out at was easily in the mid 80's last night and we went hard for about 2 hours got about half the guys getting ready for fights at the end of the month and the other half including me getting ready for NAGA in Hartford. So just sweated a ridiculous amount with lots of muscle fatigue from the rolling and such.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Drink tons of coconut water. Most cramping is caused by dehydration, and not only is coconut water a liquid(lol) but its isotonic so your bodys cells will actually absorb it much better than water and it will hydrate you realistically, and as far as how you feel much better. Also: coconut water has more potassium than a banana, and training rapidly depletes your potassium levels, so eat some bananas or like said above just drink coconut water

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Stop watching lifetime....it should stop after that!.....

Quote Originally Posted by DanConway
    Drink tons of coconut water. Most cramping is caused by dehydration, and not only is coconut water a liquid(lol) but its isotonic so your bodys cells will actually absorb it much better than water and it will hydrate you realistically, and as far as how you feel much better. Also: coconut water has more potassium than a banana, and training rapidly depletes your potassium levels, so eat some bananas or like said above just drink coconut water
    Agree coco water works wonders for me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Coconut water will change your life dude.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast