Thread: Grappler's High

Grappler's High

I recently posted an article on the concept of "Grappler's High." Any feedback would be appreciated.

here is the link: http://thebjjmind.com/2012/06/19/grapplers-high/

With respect.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Interesting article. I assumed all exercise had similar results, but grappling>running and every other exercise for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    Interesting article. I assumed all exercise had similar results, but grappling>running and every other exercise for me.
    Definitely agreed!!! Grappling > running.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Do anyone actually feel like the "grappling high" gets intensified when you actually hit a submission? I know it's a surge of confidence, but I also feel like it's a physically amazing feeling. Maybe it's just so overwhelmingly mental and physical and when you see the effort your putting into trying to submit someone and the stress of not being submitted yourself, you on a survival (instinct) level knows when they tap you survived and you are filled with a huge sense of relief, that's always been a thought in the back of my head. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Do anyone actually feel like the "grappling high" gets intensified when you actually hit a submission? I know it's a surge of confidence, but I also feel like it's a physically amazing feeling. Maybe it's just so overwhelmingly mental and physical and when you see the effort your putting into trying to submit someone and the stress of not being submitted yourself, you on a survival (instinct) level knows when they tap you survived and you are filled with a huge sense of relief, that's always been a thought in the back of my head. Food for thought.

That is a really awesome point! Hadn't thought of that but very true.