Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T View Post
    at least he didn't pull a gsp before the 2nd fight with penn at ufc 94 i think where gsp was so greased up penn's legs were sliding like crazy off him.
    Problem is BJ Penn is one of the sorest losers in combat sports. He often has a strop and complains about stuff after fights.
    Shame really. As good as Bj was, i honestly feel he could have been a lw Anderson Silva/GSP, if only he had the same work ethic as those guys. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Totally legal, very smart, 16 consecutive wins. Hail the Spider! I only wished he had finished it in the first...

Array

School
    axecapoeira grupo brazil
    Rewatch that fight again, the ref asks for a towel and takes off all the extra vaseline because he saw Anderson do it, or Chael's corner complained. So there was no extra grease, not that it would have mattered anyways with Chael going down like a ton of bricks from Andersons jab like every other fighter does, and eating knees to the body.

Pointing out Chaels cheating doesn't negate Anderson's. If you want to talk steroids what about the testosterone found in Anderson's house on cribs. Both are not on the up and up

Quote Originally Posted by Clint McDerp View Post
    Rewatch that fight again, the ref asks for a towel and takes off all the extra vaseline.
    You can't eliminate that grease with a 2 second swipe of a towel, you have to wash pretty rigorously with soap and water to eliminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    Pointing out Chaels cheating doesn't negate Anderson's.
    I wonder how those people would feel if Chael had done that much fouling in the fight and somehow won. I doubt they would be taking such a lax stance.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Pointing out Chaels cheating doesn't negate Anderson's. If you want to talk steroids what about the testosterone found in Anderson's house on cribs. Both are not on the up and up
    interesting. My guess is a lot of higher up guys have the money to have their levels monitored to pass a test. A number of them could higher a scientist to make something up for them, wait or would that be a chemist.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Interesting fact that I did not know. As well although I dont necessarily agree with TRT being allowed, it is and Chael is folloing the rules. He also got cuaght for improper paper work etc the first time, CSAC changed the allegations 3 times on him and they have never in the history of the organization ever been wrong or ruled against themselves .... just sayin. I honestly like both fighters quite a bit, but Silva did try to get away with the vaseline, probably got away with an illegal knee and repeatedly grabbed the shorts, and all Chael said was oh well officials make calls I respect them, Im not gonna argue, I probably have or will do some of these things sometime in my career, I came from a time when that stuff was allowed and I saw it coming, should have covered up..... As much of a shit talker that Chael is, he does it to sell fights and he is a pretty stand up guy. You still hear guys like Sorres saying that he went too far trying to sell the fight.... but Kizer even said that Anderson would have been fined for the fiasco at the weigh ins if Chael hadnt said dont bother, as in he was GOING to get fined without Chael backing him up. Then ya throw in the fact that Anderson has shit at his house on cribs, well doesnt that potentially mean that he is actually cheating and not just doing something like TRT which is allowable.... Either way I hope Chael sticks around hes an entertaining character at the very least, you just cant let up for a millisecond with Anderson or he capitalizes on it. Im a fan of both, just think that it wasnt as cut and dried as Silva giving Chael justice ....
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Landry View Post
    Interesting fact that I did not know. As well although I dont necessarily agree with TRT being allowed, it is and Chael is folloing the rules. He also got cuaght for improper paper work etc the first time, CSAC changed the allegations 3 times on him and they have never in the history of the organization ever been wrong or ruled against themselves .... just sayin.
    :-) People keep glossing over this, but even with the correct papers etc Chaels levels would have still been over the limit. He would have still got caught for juicing in the first fight. :-)

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    :-) People keep glossing over this, but even with the correct papers etc Chaels levels would have still been over the limit. He would have still got caught for juicing in the first fight. :-)
    I dont think the punishment is the same though, if its properly done paper work then Chael has the defense that it was a bad prescription. Its the main reason I dont like TRT being allowed, either allow sauce or dont. I dont think they would let him fight with elevated test but I dont think it would be a 6 month or year suspension either.... Im sure that there are tons of guys who have TRT who go way above and ween off it ... then if they have an elevated level they claim poor doctor dosage.
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Get over it people he had too much vaseline on his face and wipped it off to get it off his hands he wipped it on his body and shorts if he was trying to cheat do you honestly think he would do it so obvious in front of the camera in the end the ref wipped him down anyway so its a non factor Chael isnt complaining about it neither should any of you he lost plain and simple quit nit picking this stuff happens in alot of fights stop hating and accept it Anderson is still the Champion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast