Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu

my first competion done

Hello everybody! had yesterday my first competion match at the age of 32 ended up losing by points but I am happy I finally put the knee on belly my nerves I thought to fight as heavy weight because I was so nervous for the whole competion thing that I did not want to mess my mind with the diet problems. HUGE mistake. Felt like I was fighting Bane or incredible Hulk. Squeeze and the pressure was so strong. I weighted 99.5 kg (219 pounds) with my jacket on and my opponent was 117 kg (258 pounds). Heavyweight category is over 100 kg :roll eyes: The good part is that he might be the strongest opponent I will ever meet. (He won the tournament). I appreciate know even more Eddies roll with manny. You need so pure technique and timing against bigger opponent. After the fight I had these afterthoughts that I should have even tried meat hook or stomp to butterfly guard. so anyway feel free to break my first match down and comment. Here is the link : http://youtu.be/sbQgvRQIZnU
    Match begins at 1.45

-Niko-

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    says the video is private :/

Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu
    http://youtu.be/sbQgvRQIZnU

try again this link

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Awesome job regaining half guard when he mounted you, the first time around, I also liked that Deep Half Guard attempt. Sometimes you just get thrown in with a tank and basic physiques take over.

One critique that I would give you is if you are going to pull halfguard/lockdown, make sure not to let the guy settle, i.e. get head control and put your shoulders on the mat. The lockdown is my second favorite variation of half guard (first being butterfly-half), but you have to get to your side and get double under hooks to make it as effective as possible.

That being said, homeboy had obviously taken his creatine that morning, and you managed to go the full duration of the match. AWESOME JOB and KEEP COMPETING

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Nice. Its rough being at the low end of a weight class. Especially beastly sized head squeezers . Also the Godfather is a easy one to remember that works on big dudes... Ive found that I get more nervous for grappling tournaments than fights for some weird reason. Maybe the amount of pre-match mind preparation put in or something. I dont know

Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu
    Thank you for the comments and support. It means so much I have thought alot of different variations and various paths and what could i have done differently. Personally I am fan of the submission only game. Not the points. That is how I train. Anyway great experience. Thanks eddie for giving the tools to survive against beast ;D

Good job for stepping up!!

Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu
    That stomp series of MTS 46 is so important. It could have saved my ass. I have been drilling it since my lost. Try not to make same mistake twice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Great video. Congrats on going the distance with that monster!

Good work
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast