Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Both is better. The guys I grapple with you just can't waste an opportunity because you can't play on your weakside. You just can't. Thats why you should also learn going to the truck on both sides. Learning lockdown on both sides. Hey I'm a highly ranked chess player as well. I didn't get to be that good by only learning to play the white pieces. You gotta learn to play the black pieces and the many defenses that goes with them as well.

Array

School
    RMNU
    ever notice Eddie going north/south to get to his strong side/side control? On top you have a choice, on bottom you may not.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Good information along with varying points of view. To sum it up in my head

Attacking pick a side (top or bottom), defending learn both ( usually on bottom).

?????????????????????????????????

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Most boxers fight have a strong side and stick to it. You don't see baseball pitchers and football quarterbacks throwing with both arms. If Peyton Manning spent half of his life training his left arm chances are he wouldn't have made it to the pros.

What I've found is that you don't really need to train both sides of top game jiu jitsu. The person on top is generally the one who decides what side is gonna be played. But you do need to practice both sides when it comes to bottom game but not 50/50 especially if you're a dominant bottom fighter. Make sense?

Oh, and Marcelo never chokes anybody with his left arm and I never choke anybody with my right arm
    Thats funny cause now that I think about it I have never choked any one out with my right arm, I always use my left for some reason...and in rubber guard I always try and bring my left leg up...I guess I really am brain washed

Array

School
    None
    I only choke with my right arm.
    I only drill squeezing with my left arm.
    I'm seriously fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Most boxers fight have a strong side and stick to it. You don't see baseball pitchers and football quarterbacks throwing with both arms. If Peyton Manning spent half of his life training his left arm chances are he wouldn't have made it to the pros.

What I've found is that you don't really need to train both sides of top game jiu jitsu. The person on top is generally the one who decides what side is gonna be played. But you do need to practice both sides when it comes to bottom game but not 50/50 especially if you're a dominant bottom fighter. Make sense?

Oh, and Marcelo never chokes anybody with his left arm and I never choke anybody with my right arm
    Makes sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123