Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKK WHERE'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it I thought it would have arrived today at least. Cmoooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I know how you feel. Mine left california Nov 2nd....and I'm only like 1500 miles away!

Array

School
    bb-gym bodo, Norway
    Got mine here in Norway! Awesome dvd! Can not wait to practice it!
    Jiujitsu-blog: egofreejj.com

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Got mine on Monday in Melbourne Australia along with the Mastering the Twister book too!

Got mine in Baltimore today just watched it....its great. Already cleared up some things I was missing...

In watching (and rolling recently) I have come upto a general question. The higher belts at my school are super good at hiding their arms and keeping their elbows tight. This makes it difficult to obtain any kind of decent side control much less twister side.

Ive seen how eddie and Marcello "kill" a posting arm with a hip or knee, and some different ideas for opening the elbow, but sometimes its just not possible...

When we cant clear this near side elbow what are my options? Im thinking I have to go north south or knee on belly... thanks for any input.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    Finally got mine today on the Big Island of Hawaii. Mahalo nui loa.

It's a little more straight forward than mastering the rubber guard but the instructional material was awesome. Gotta love those joey karate episodes mixed in with all those extras. But then again, that dvd was done by victory belt so we wouldve waited a decade for it's release.

How long before we see the advanced rubber guard on dvd?

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Bangor Maine
    Finally the wait is over!! Unfortunately I opened up the package to see that the dvd case was smashed all to fuck. . . That was alittle disapointing, hopefully it works alright because the dvd is dinged up alittle too. Cant wait to get out of work to watch and start drilling!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Mine came

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBullRider View Post
    Got mine in Baltimore today just watched it....its great. Already cleared up some things I was missing...

In watching (and rolling recently) I have come upto a general question. The higher belts at my school are super good at hiding their arms and keeping their elbows tight. This makes it difficult to obtain any kind of decent side control much less twister side.

Ive seen how eddie and Marcello "kill" a posting arm with a hip or knee, and some different ideas for opening the elbow, but sometimes its just not possible...

When we cant clear this near side elbow what are my options? Im thinking I have to go north south or knee on belly... thanks for any input.
    N/S is what I unusually end up in if the guy is defending truck entries. But you can still execute most entries into the truck without having the arms in perfect position. Entry to the truck is all about the legs. Just know that if you fishnet without sitting on the hip, expect the guy to get up to his knees and attack accordingly. And you can still tip toe mount. So all is not lost if you don't have the arms. It's just a bumpier ride.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Mine arrived today in Ontario.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast