Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Jeff Glover-Halfguard pass to Guillotine

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I'm not skilled enough to trust bait techniques. Plus I feel wrong if I don't have a tight whizzer in that position. I also wouldn't want to give up top position for a possible submission. At best, I'd turn my back like that if I was trying to hit a Cyborg style rolling back take or a twister roll if I'm feeling fancy.

I'll leave this to the higher ranks. I still gotta get my fundamentals solid.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Yeah I can't hang with this kind of bait yet ill get mounted too many times lol ;]

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanConway View Post
    Yeah I can't hang with this kind of bait yet ill get mounted too many times lol ;]
    Same

Array

School
    na
    i disagree guys try try try and keep trying and eventually you'd get it.. it might take a year but it would pan out take it really slow and hunt for it.

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Very interesting

Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia
    Awesome... So this is something I can try when I capoeira pass and I don't get control of their far wrist! I'd much rather get a clean pass than try bait them but for when I screw it up this is a cool option!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    I like it for the application where you weren't able to really establish the position securely after the step over. I'd look to use it more as bailout technique if I start to loose my top position rather than a bait to go to the guillotine, however if you've got a lights out guillotine then why not make that the intent when you begin the whole sequence. Definitely something to play around with whether you want to utilize it as a bait or a bailout .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Seabrook View Post
    I like it for the application where you weren't able to really establish the position securely after the step over. I'd look to use it more as bailout technique if I start to loose my top position rather than a bait to go to the guillotine, however if you've got a lights out guillotine then why not make that the intent when you begin the whole sequence. Definitely something to play around with whether you want to utilize it as a bait or a bailout .
    Yea. Marcelo uses that pass all the time, and he often swings his body around after passing for the north-south choke or just establishes cross-side, but if they start to come in he'll go the guillotine. Although obviously not the arm-in guillotine. On a side note, I think Glover has the best guillotines in all of grappling after Marcelo.

If anyone has MGinaction they can see hundreds of videos on that transition. It's money.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    This sort of thing doesnt normally get shown. Its fascinating that Jeff would actually drill this. This feels to me like the sort of thing that might happen creating a scramble.

This is actually super forward thinking with Jeff. To drill for that scenario, to actually force this sequence and have a finish developed for when it does happen is borderline genius. Its true what everyone will say about not wanting to risk giving up top position, but his guillotine is amazing. Fair enough if your arm in guillotine needs work then this aint one to try in competiton, not for a second. But when youre at the stage Jeff is at then I dare say a lot of the time its these sort of techniques that will be the only thing seperating you and someone else of that incredibly high level.

Actually he submitted Robinho at the ADCCs with something just like this. Jeff was turned so far back that when he initially snatched the guillotine it was starting to look like a school boy hanging off the head of someone in the playground. Awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast